Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

59 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Have Blackburn offered him terms? If they have then it will go to a tribunal. If not then no tribunal.

Not sure if they have. I'll try find where I saw that he was out of contract & see what it says. I would imagine they will as he's one of their best players & why wouldn't they offer terms if it guarantees a fee?

51 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

How do ppl know so much about these players? Do ppl watch them on a regular basis or are they judged on the 10 seconds highlights on 5 or the occasional live TV game? 

Genuine question BTW cos I watch as much football has possible, but don't know half of these players 

Taking a punt at getting at least one correct I imagine.

Tbh , I can't see us doing much business in the summer , mainly working with the squad we already have.

Slight off topic but I've just seen who "dem blades" are interested in signing, we really are in different leagues in terms of quality we are looking for....

They are after league 1 , league 2 players, with no championship experience, I think they have got it all wrong and will really struggle, this leagues a different ball game! 

Back to SWFC, there are some cracking players that are out of contract this season who would "do more than a job" anyone know what sort of dates released/retained lists get announced?

32 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Slight off topic but I've just seen who "dem blades" are interested in signing, we really are in different leagues in terms of quality we are looking for....

They are after league 1 , league 2 players, with no championship experience, I think they have got it all wrong and will really struggle, this leagues a different ball game! 

Back to SWFC, there are some cracking players that are out of contract this season who would "do more than a job" anyone know what sort of dates released/retained lists get announced?

1st June I think... 

Somebody has probably said it but the season after next we have to name club developed players in the matchday squad. I hope we implement this as a club this year so next year they have a season under their belts.

13 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Somebody has probably said it but the season after next we have to name club developed players in the matchday squad. I hope we implement this as a club this year so next year they have a season under their belts.

Hasn't done Southampton any harm this last decade has it?

5 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

A lad I know who's a blunt (hence why he's not a friend) says they've already got the best midfield and forward line in the championship and they've got a 25 million war chest to strengthen lol and he really believes it :tango: 

10 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Depends all on formation we play and who is in charge. Some players I'd be interested in all positions we need are:

RB 

Iorfa 

Paterson

Anita (free)

LB

Bong (free)

Pocognoli (free)

Fryers (free)

CB

Hanley

Elphick

Roberts

Manga (free)

Delaney (free)

Bassong (free)

RM

Boyd (free)

Jota

LM 
Sako

Gouffran (free)

CM

Mulumbu (free)

Leadbitter (free)

Williams (free)

Iorfa or as the wolves fans call him iawful! 

We don't need a right back, hunt is decent and good enough for the championship. 

Leadbitter would be a good signing.

On 19/05/2017 at 00:19, 19owl08 said:

So far today the following have been mentioned...

Dunk - not a chance

Stephens - not a chance

Tomlin - no thanks

Maguire - highly unlikely

I've seen a list of players Villa have supposedly released & one in particular stood out for me. Micah Richards.

Admittedly has lost his way but has plenty of experience, strength & speed. Versatile in that he can cover right back, centre back & centre mid. And he's still only 28.

He may not be one for the starting 11 but as cover for Hutch may not be a bad option. Also covers a number of options from the bench.

Villa also released Amravi (however spell it haha) would take a punt at him too 

On 20/05/2017 at 21:08, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Depends all on formation we play and who is in charge. Some players I'd be interested in all positions we need are:

RB 

Iorfa 

Paterson

Anita (free)

LB

Bong (free)

Pocognoli (free)

Fryers (free)

CB

Hanley

Elphick

Roberts

Manga (free)

Delaney (free)

Bassong (free)

RM

Boyd (free)

Jota

LM 
Sako

Gouffran (free)

CM

Mulumbu (free)

Leadbitter (free)

Williams (free)

Some good names on here - so don't be offended that I'm about to criticise a fair few of them :biggrin:

Bong and Pocognoli are getting new deals at Brighton

Hanley was awful for both club and country last season

Bassong and Delaney are both past it

Sako and Gouffran's wage demands will be ridiculous.

When you say Williams - who do you mean? Danny Williams from Reading?