Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

42 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

I reckon Hutch will be the replacement for Loovens next season if Carlos stays. We can then spend big (ish) on a midfield ball carrier with trickery and pace.

We need someone commanding in the air at the back. Hutch isn't

On 19/05/2017 at 17:15, cookeh said:

If Elphick's available then absolutely.

Ryan Bennett's on a free from Norwich, would also add some competition at center back.

Hopefully we go back in for Callum Paterson who's contract's up at Hearts. Hunt's been doing better in recent months, but Paterson is a step ahead imo.

How about Connor Goldson from Brighton? been off for heart surgery, but seems to have recovered ok. Was a good player when I've seen him, good height, good age, and was on their bench before he went for surgery. Worth a punt for me, even just on a season long loan for him to get games.

Gary Mackay-Steven is probably going cheap from Celtic. Brendan Rodgers was keen to hang onto him till the end of the season, but I can't see him breaking in there ahead of Scott Sinclair. Quick, tricky winger.. the thing we don't have.  and the kind of player carlos likes in that he's in a lull and needs to re-establish himself.

tbh i feel like this summer is less about signings and more about settling on a style of play that wins games and gets everyone going. what we've got, with a but more depth at the back, is capable of automatic. it's about getting back to playing to our potential tho, control, rather than the contain we've done for most of this season.

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I've never heard of a single player from this post!!!

I think Wilson at Wigan is worth a punt - seems to have the right temperament. Also, I think Walsh at St Johnstone is ready for the step up. Harris is probably too expensive at this stage but we ought to be looking at Kingston, who many say will be better than him anyway. Every man and his dog is after Hardy but that shouldn't stop us having a go

Depends all on formation we play and who is in charge. Some players I'd be interested in all positions we need are:

RB 

Iorfa 

Paterson

Anita (free)

LB

Bong (free)

Pocognoli (free)

Fryers (free)

CB

Hanley

Elphick

Roberts

Manga (free)

Delaney (free)

Bassong (free)

RM

Boyd (free)

Jota

LM 
Sako

Gouffran (free)

CM

Mulumbu (free)

Leadbitter (free)

Williams (free)

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

16 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

I think Wilson at Wigan is worth a punt - seems to have the right temperament. Also, I think Walsh at St Johnstone is ready for the step up. Harris is probably too expensive at this stage but we ought to be looking at Kingston, who many say will be better than him anyway. Every man and his dog is after Hardy but that shouldn't stop us having a go

Forgot to mention Jota obs!!

How do ppl know so much about these players? Do ppl watch them on a regular basis or are they judged on the 10 seconds highlights on 5 or the occasional live TV game? 

Genuine question BTW cos I watch as much football has possible, but don't know half of these players