Writing us off again on the telly.

4 minutes ago, brazilowl said:

I may be wrong but didn't look north have an interview with Gary monk?

That must have been on earlier edition. I'm on about late edition after 10 o'clock news. 

If Leeds had won I'm sure they'd have found time to fit it in to 10 mins they have. 

7 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Let them bang on about Fulham , the team most likely to miss out on the playoffs , even though personally I hope it's Leeds . 

Dont agree with that - they look the most solid.  Us or Leeds will miss out.

As for the pundits, it really doesn't matter what they say - it's what happens on the pitch that counts.

I really don't care that much about what other people think or say about us. I think CC is the best person to listen to in regards to this. 

As far as pundits go - you only have to listen back on Alan Hansen's comment about 'not winning anything with kids' to realise that their opinions are at times, not that accurate. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

I really pay no heed.

These people are paid for their opinions , no matter whether they are near the truth or not.

It would make for a dull world if they praised every team.

Anyway, as many have said, there is nothing wrong with the underdog in peoples minds.

9 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Makes no odds, although Jesus H Christ that Curbishley don't half chat poo  

I've never liked Curbishley, especially after he was sacked by West Ham and said he wouldn't take a championship job because he was a premier league manager. Hasn't worked again since then

and yeah the comment that teams are starting to get nervous forgetting we've won 4 in a row (should have been 5) and are climbing the table)

Edited by Southie_Owl

3 Games to go, owt can happen, but we are the form team at the moment.

Derby always give their opponents chances and that should suit us, Ipswich will be the toughest of the 3, and if it comes to the last game of the season, then Fulham may have to came to us needing to win, and so have to come out to play, which again will suit us.

Edited by adelphi1867

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I can see Leeds struggling at Burton, but not in the other fixtures. A poor result at Burton coupled with an Owls victory against Derby would probably kill Leeds off. It'll be the next game which decides it in my view.

It depends which Norwich turns up at Bellend Road. If it's the one that thrashed Reading and beat Preston yesterday then Leeds have a hard game. Leeds are not that great. 

9 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I think it's about whom teams have got to play in the remaining fixtures. If you look at Leeds' fixtures, you just can't see them losing many of them. Wigan will probably already be down by the time they play them, for example. Then look at our fixtures. Derby have a very good record at Hillsborough anyway, and in 14 attempts we've never beaten Mick McCarthy. We've lost eight and drawn six. He plays the type of football Carlos really struggles against, which is probably why the Magpies lost against them today too. Anything we get from Ipswich will be a bonus, and I just can't see us getting more than a point at most. Ditto Derby, so we're probably going to have to beat Fulham to make the play-offs. That's no doubt what the pundits are thinking, so you can't really blame them for writing us off. Were we not Owls fans, we probably would too.

If we had just dropped out of the top 6, out of form and desperate for a win, one of the last places I would want to go is Burton who are also desperate for a win.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if Burton turned them over. 

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Dont agree with that - they look the most solid.  Us or Leeds will miss out.

As for the pundits, it really doesn't matter what they say - it's what happens on the pitch that counts.

Four wins in the last five the other should have been a win but that's football and Fulham look more solid than we do ? 

I hope Leeds fail but they have a tight defence and a forward who can't stop scoring so should beat Burton and Wigan which leaves us and Fulham and I don't see Fulham winning at Huddersfield (draw) give you a home win vs Brentford if we get four points as I expect , which means they have to come here and play for a win which with a packed Hillsborough should favour us and our style of play. 

Edited by elyowl1