Writing us off again on the telly.

There has always been a bias by TV pundits towards southern clubs and London clubs in particular. It is irritating but the only way to deal with it is by winning games. What really annoyed me on Channel 5 though was the inference that we should fear Fulham. We don't need to fear anyone. Fulham are a good team. But they are definitely not invincible. 

I think it's about whom teams have got to play in the remaining fixtures. If you look at Leeds' fixtures, you just can't see them losing many of them. Wigan will probably already be down by the time they play them, for example. Then look at our fixtures. Derby have a very good record at Hillsborough anyway, and in 14 attempts we've never beaten Mick McCarthy. We've lost eight and drawn six. He plays the type of football Carlos really struggles against, which is probably why the Magpies lost against them today too. Anything we get from Ipswich will be a bonus, and I just can't see us getting more than a point at most. Ditto Derby, so we're probably going to have to beat Fulham to make the play-offs. That's no doubt what the pundits are thinking, so you can't really blame them for writing us off. Were we not Owls fans, we probably would too.

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I think it's about whom teams have got to play in the remaining fixtures. If you look at Leeds' fixtures, you just can't see them losing many of them. Wigan will probably already be down by the time they play them, for example. Then look at our fixtures. Derby have a very good record at Hillsborough anyway, and in 14 attempts we've never beaten Mick McCarthy. We've lost eight and drawn six. He plays the type of football Carlos really struggles against, which is probably why the Magpies lost against them today too. Anything we get from Ipswich will be a bonus, and I just can't see us getting more than a point at most. Ditto Derby, so we're probably going to have to beat Fulham to make the play-offs. That's no doubt what the pundits are thinking, so you can't really blame them for writing us off. Were we not Owls fans, we probably would too.

I think you give the pundits far more credit than they deserve.