Writing us off again on the telly.

For all the talk Reading have two difficult away fixtures in Forest and Burton , not inconceivable that they and Huddersfield lose on Saturday , Wednesday and Leeds win and it's a giant bloody lottery with two games to go (three) in Huddersfields case 

3 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Nobody in this league is convincing it's a tough division and you have to fight for every point , would be so nice if every team played as though they were Labrador puppies rolling over to let us tickle their tums rather than being pissed off Rottweilers. 

I fancy our our chances at home to Derby more than Fulham at Huddersfield , 

We have an awful record against Derby...Huddersfield look susceptible along with Leeds. 

We were ok yesterday but we tend to blow hot and cold - Fulham have been pretty consistent of late and have run into form at the right time.

We just have to keep going a bit longer - I hope we can.

Fulham imo would be the side most to fear in the playoffs

22 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

We have an awful record against Derby...Huddersfield look susceptible along with Leeds. 

We were ok yesterday but we tend to blow hot and cold - Fulham have been pretty consistent of late and have run into form at the right time.

We just have to keep going a bit longer - I hope we can.

Fulham imo would be the side most to fear in the playoffs

We have a poor record vs Derby for the last twenty years mainly because we've been garbage and they have been one of the better teams in this division , prior to that we had a fairly good record against them and overall it's 42-50 to them despite only two wins in 20 years for us.

We have blown hot and cold due to consistent injuries disrupting the balance of the team we've looked better recently because the team is fit and pretty much stable.

The only team I fear in the playoffs is ourselves because we keep on managing to shoot ourselves in the foot by messing up the basics , we are far stronger than twelve months ago and the other teams are not as good as Hull , Derby and Brighton were. 

I just believe that that this squad has the experience, ability and mental resilience to get the job done others don't and that's fine it's their prerogative. 

Does anyone really care about what 'so called experts' have to say on the box. Nothing worse than being over hyped and falling short. Much rather be the team they are overlooking who win through. At the end of the day it will be what it will be and the opinions of the TV mafia matter very little.

5 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Does anyone really care about what 'so called experts' have to say on the box. Nothing worse than being over hyped and falling short. Much rather be the team they are overlooking who win through. At the end of the day it will be what it will be and the opinions of the TV mafia matter very little.

So called is very true.  Voice an opinion as fact one week then voice the opposite view the next week.   

Get paid for talking so they just chat till someone up above gets bored of them and calls in the new media darling.

Edited by Holmes

16 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I guess that's all we can do. We didn't have a good record against Colin but won. But these next two fixtures were always the ones which really worried me, and I hope the late equalizer we conceded against Barnsley isn't what kills us.

I understand where you are coming from but you can never single out one thing like that over a whole season of twists and turns, especially when we've had more than most in terms of last minute goals. I think that if we weren't to make it this year I would look at the result at Brighton. It wasn't just snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, it was the apparent impact on the team for several matches after it where we struggled.

31 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

We have a poor record vs Derby for the last twenty years mainly because we've been garbage and they have been one of the better teams in this division , prior to that we had a fairly good record against them and overall it's 42-50 to them despite only two wins in 20 years for us.

We have blown hot and cold due to consistent injuries disrupting the balance of the team we've looked better recently because the team is fit and pretty much stable.

The only team I fear in the playoffs is ourselves because we keep on managing to shoot ourselves in the foot by messing up the basics , we are far stronger than twelve months ago and the other teams are not as good as Hull , Derby and Brighton were. 

I just believe that that this squad has the experience, ability and mental resilience to get the job done others don't and that's fine it's their prerogative. 

We'll just have to wait and see.

20 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, Hooper does make a big difference. For me, though, the problem we face is not the quality of our opponents, but their type. So, Newcastle have much more quality than Ipswich, but allow us to play. Ipswich won't, and Carlos struggles to break them down. We've got to assume we'll get nowt at Ipswich, so I think this next game is the decider. If we beat Derby, then we'll do it. If not, it'll be difficult.

I feel like this too!