Huddersfield play Fulham on Saturday

A draw would probably be the best result as I see Huddersfield dropping points in most of their remaining fixtures as the pressure gets to them not too dissimilar to how we fared in the run-in last season. 

The experiences of last season's run-in plus a better squad is making us negotiate things better this time around.

On 17/04/2017 at 18:11, theowlsman said:

See above. Was just about to say the same.

And as expected, if Huddersfield beat Derby tonight, Derby play us next with nothing to play for.

Ought to work in our favour Shirley?

fbz_b0bbb10e25ce809ca2a687c452396455.jpg

I think a Huddersfield win would be the best for us. Let them chase Newcastle for automatic and then implode in the playoffs after missing out like Brighton did against us last year. Besides that, Fulham missing out on points (regardless of Leeds' score) makes it more likely that we don't need anything from the last day.

Remember, if we take 2 more points than Leeds or Fulham in the next 2 games then the last game is irrelevant to us.

On 17/04/2017 at 17:54, shandypants said:

If Huddersfield lose or draw and we win then we go above them

If Fulham lose and we win then we put 5 points between us and them with two to play. 

Assuming we win, what do you want?

Might have been said already but we don't go above Huddersfield if they draw.

Think I want a Huddersfield win. I doubt they'll get into 2nd now so we don't have to worry about playing Newcastle in the playoffs (not that we'd fear them), and I just want it to be over before that last match vs. Fulham. I'm 32 and already my heart can't take it. 

Hoping for a win for us and some kind results from others to give some breathing space. 

If if I could choose the playoff teams right now I'd pick: 

Reading - probably done enough to get in and most likely to coast these last few games. Hopeful for a suspension or two though as they are solid/functional. 

Leeds to fight to the death and clinch 6th hopefully going into playoffs out of gas. 

Hudds to be fighting for 2nd missing out heartbreakingly as Brighton did. 

And us! To be honest despite losing to Reading and Leeds they appeared nothing games and don't fear either to the degree I fear Fulham. 

Im confident Hudds if they play open and expansive we will beat them.

just hoping for Rhodes and or Hooper to hit a purple patch and fire us up! 

6 hours ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Live in Udders,their fans very confident of catching the Barcodes for automatic, so will hopefully do us a favour and beat Fulham

With the cost of housing these days, maybe living in "Udders" will become 

Moo popular !........lol

don't care what Fulham do now as long as we are up there

when it matters and we are the better team on the day if it falls that way , we are finding our shooting boots and making things count ,i have no worries as we can match them and better them , we hopefully learned from the pressure last year and it will be new to them ,

Edited by trevdi9