CC getting sacked...

Guest sirCharlesOaklhal

23 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

The long term plan is to a) stick with CC or to b) only replace him once a suitable replacement who can genuinely take us forward is found.

The one thing we shouldn't do is make a knee jerk sacking and just bring in any old replacement for the sake of a change.

At no point have I advocated A knee jerk sacking. You have implied that is what I suggest because I haven't suggested a name for point B.

There are names out there who we could look at (Rowett, Pearson) the question DC has to ask is could they get more from this squad than Carlos.

I would love Carlos to prove me wrong, I don't think I've ever wanted a manager to succeed more but the rot set in some time ago and now I'm failing to see how we change it.

Would you give him more money for another push next year? I certainly would not.

1 hour ago, JUNNY said:

20 million on the whole squad and his the best record as a wednesday manager since 1960... stop drinking you clown...facts are simple..sasso messed up big time then someone who has the best goalscoring record outside the premier league misses a penalty... its the wednesday way... but carlos is here to stay thankfully.

Best record since 1960?

Just stop and give your head a shake FFS, We're still in the second tier of English football or hadn't you noticed?

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

If we continue with the negative tactics we will blow this and he will be gone

2 strikers from Rhodes, Winnall and Hooper need to start, forget Fletcher may as well play Nuhiu utter waste of money

Midfield of Adbi, Hutch, Mcmanaman and FF - forget Bannan he is utter wnk this season and needs to be dropped for a proper spell

Hunt, Loovens, Lees and Reach at the back 

18 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

The frustrating part in all this , CC as had a bottomless pot of money, and the players we have should walk this league including the likes of Newcastle and Brighton. The criminal part to all this is the fact CC cant see it and his tactics not only baffle us but the players which you can see  every time he makes a substitution. The question is, how long is DC going to put up with this is events don't improve. Personally I don't think he would wait until the end of the season. More like if and when we drop out of the play off positions which is the way we are heading.

This is what im saying the amount of money spent and the quality of players brought in most managers worth something can do a good job . We need a manager that will build around jordan rhodes and winnall once we have a team that can service those 2 we will be unstopabble just looks at leeds with wood its all build to make him look good

Just now, A12owl said:

................................................. Whats happened to the player confidence and ability to keep the ball and get forward quickly? 

Is it Carlos or something else? Any ideas? 

Who knows but the buck stops with the boss in all walks of life.

9 minutes ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

heckingbottom-wednesday.jpg

???

I think Rowett would be a better option.

My worry however if Carlos did go is that Chansiri would go abroad again and bring somebody in who doesn't know this league.

With the players we have, a manager who knows this league and has a proven track record would do VERY well at Hillsborough.

1 minute ago, steveger said:

He wont be our head coach come next season, promotion or not. That is all.

to be honest living in a flat in Sheffield for nearly two years, with no family or friends around must play a toll on him.

His stock internationally is fairly high; maybe he'll choose what to do before DC.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

I think Rowett would be a better option.

My worry however if Carlos did go is that Chansiri would go abroad again and bring somebody in who doesn't know this league.

With the players we have, a manager who knows this league and has a proven track record would do VERY well at Hillsborough.

The last time we went to Barnsley for a former player didn't end too well either!

Just something about Hecky and the way he has had Barnsley playing. He loved his time here and without a doubt he is a winner (a Wembley one at that) but head says it might be a case of too much too soon if we were to show Carlos the door.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses as a manager.

1 hour ago, mike312 said:

He has to go for me. We will never get promotion whilst he is in charge. We have been too slow, too predictable and have no plan B. With the money we have spent we should be miles ahead of Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield. We have hardly played well all season and are still doing the same things wrong. 

Been saying it since last season pal. He's a great guy and has brought us on leaps and bounds but he won't get us out of this division. I'm also beginning to think he's lost some (not all) of the players. 

15 minutes ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

At no point have I advocated A knee jerk sacking. You have implied that is what I suggest because I haven't suggested a name for point B.

There are names out there who we could look at (Rowett, Pearson) the question DC has to ask is could they get more from this squad than Carlos.

I would love Carlos to prove me wrong, I don't think I've ever wanted a manager to succeed more but the rot set in some time ago and now I'm failing to see how we change it.

Would you give him more money for another push next year? I certainly would not.

Personally as long as we finish top 6 I would give Carlos a go at top 2 next year. If someone really proven at this level was to come available then yes we might reconsider. But I just don't think the likes of Rowett or Pearson fit into that bracket. I can't see how they would be a step forward.

Either way I doubt there will be a lot of money available over summer. With the Rhodes signing we won't have loads of room to play with in terms of FFP I wouldn't have thought.

13 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

This is what im saying the amount of money spent and the quality of players brought in most managers worth something can do a good job . We need a manager that will build around jordan rhodes and winnall once we have a team that can service those 2 we will be unstopabble just looks at leeds with wood its all build to make him look good

Its clear that Carlos is building our attack around FF. 

Rhodes is the sixth striker he has tried with FF and none of them score.

There is a HUGE clue in there Carlos if you would open your eyes.

Edited by Holmowl

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Same here but i think in the beginning dc had no idea about english football we had a committee and cc was given praise by mourinho so dc went with it 2 years later he has lots more knowledge so id like to think he should kno those sort of gambles rarely pay off 

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Personally as long as we finish top 6 I would give Carlos a go at top 2 next year. If someone really proven at this level was to come available then yes we might reconsider. But I just don't think the likes of Rowett or Pearson fit into that bracket. I can't see how they would be a step forward.

Either way I doubt there will be a lot of money available over summer. With the Rhodes signing we won't have loads of room to play with in terms of FFP I wouldn't have thought.

Are you real we have spunked millions and are going backwards. Carlos is clueless today was simply pathetic . He has hand picked his players and just sits in the box. Sooner the clown goes and we get somebody with half a brain in charge the better 

2 minutes ago, steveger said:

I like the guy but he's proving to be tactically clueless, he's been backed by the owner, he has talented individual players at his disposal, but he persists with the same baffling negative tactics and seems to be starving what little remaining confidence our so called attacking players have left, we have a great attack minded squad on paper but week after week we look to hide under a big stone on the beach and hope to get the odd breakaway chances, you can only defend him for so long, you can clearly see why his CV is as erratic as his decisions. No point sacking him now, but he has to go at the end of the season, sorry but it has to be said. 

Sadly I agree with this post, I don't think CC has that extra few % required to get us promoted.

1 hour ago, WezOwl1989 said:

We Must get rid.  With the quality we have we are playing TERRIBLE.... I think Gary Rowett would be a good replacement...  Love Carlos but enough is enough after that shambles. 

So in two thread we have Gary Rowett touted and Pardew.

This fu***n site has been in meltdown all the time we were winning games because of the 'style' of football and lack of fluid creativity, and you and others tout Rowett as a potential replacement who would get more out of the 'quality' we have in the squad.

He got the push because he was scabbing results (mainly from set pieces) but playing a style the chairman didn't like.

Also describing that game as a 'shambles' is ridiculous. We played a team above us, who are at the top of their form who managed to win by one goal.

Leeds were 5th and are obviously a very tidy, compact, (fairly physical) side.

I thought they were a one man team, but having just got back have changed my opinion, they look quite well equipped to be fair.

Massively disappointing yes, Shambles, no.