CC getting sacked...

Guest sirCharlesOaklhal

57 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

Agree with this ,all absolutely brutally true! Full backs and centre backs were a priority..  They still are!  Carlos is the source of the negativity...  As personable and charming as he is 

As with everything depends on who was available.

In the summer of 2015, Carlos walked into a job with a Chairman who'd spend money (and has does regularly since then) and a team who'd finished mid-table to be built on (6 of the players he inherited are still regulars in the first XI). Everything has been set up for him, and the majority of fans have been behind him all the way.

For him to possibly take us into his third season and only have us flirting with the play-offs is outrageous.

Edited by I Love Sturrock

11 minutes ago, Animis said:

to be honest living in a flat in Sheffield for nearly two years, with no family or friends around must play a toll on him.

His stock internationally is fairly high; maybe he'll choose what to do before DC.

Living on his own didn't seem to bother him a short while back when my daughter sent me a photo text of him from Nonna's, it seems he likes the attention of the ladies...

Note, not the attention of my daughter, she was there with her husband, she sent the text asking if I knew who he was as he was getting a lot of female "attention" lol

7 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Personally as long as we finish top 6 I would give Carlos a go at top 2 next year. If someone really proven at this level was to come available then yes we might reconsider. But I just don't think the likes of Rowett or Pearson fit into that bracket. I can't see how they would be a step forward.

Either way I doubt there will be a lot of money available over summer. With the Rhodes signing we won't have loads of room to play with in terms of FFP I wouldn't have thought.

For me he would have to drastically alter the play between now and a failed play off push to be given another opportunity.

The performances and how this then transfers to the atmosphere at Hillsborough concerns me, the buzz and belief of last season has vanished with both players and fans alike. It's flat, it's uninspiring and there is no real belief.

Only CC can address that by winning matches and setting us up to attack when playing at home. I'm not sure he will change the approach though.

Guest We Shall Overcome

He needs to be gone and Bullen with him, as make no mistake he is always in his ear getting in his little say,it would not surprise me if the chairman is already looking, and if he isn't he needs to, GET A FACKING MOVE ON, before this Guy wee wees all our money up the Facking Swanee!!!!

I really like CC best manager we have had in years and i really want him to be the one to get us promotion but i just cant help but feel that hes going downhill alittle bit he is getting more negative as the season goes on (talking to press),(tactics/formation)

He will see us to a play off spot but just cant see us going any further than the semi's

Been working this morning listened to end of first half until the end on the car radio. Sounds like we pressed in the second half but no cutting edge. Commentators kept mentioning only one shot on target from Wednesday and that was the penalty !  Didn't sound like Leeds caused any real threat after they scored. We really need a good attacking display against Norwich next week and then  Burton a few days later. Really disappointed as I thought the  second half performance against Brentford showed urgency even if it was ultimately unsuccessful against a keeper having a great game. Not the time to doubt Carlos's position but do feel he is unsure about his best starting eleven and whoever he plays he needs to encourage the players to up the tempo and have a real go as Norwich will be well organised and hard to break down if we play our usual slow game.

Finally I really really don't like losing  to Leeds !!!!

Edited 16 minutes ago by Tarringtonowl

31 minutes ago, I Love Sturrock said:

In the summer of 2015, Carlos walked into a job with a Chairman who'd spend money (and has does regularly since then) and a team who'd finished mid-table to be built on (6 of the players he inherited are still regulars in the first XI). Everything has been set up for him, and the majority of fans have been behind him all the way.

For him to possibly take us into his third season and only have us flirting with the play-offs is outrageous.

Have to agree with this.

Yes we are 6th but we've under performed. We should be easily in the playoffs with our squad and making a decent fist of autos.

CC's team selection, tactics and transfers have all been bang average and it's starting to wear thin.

"but look at his win percentage blah blah" "some people have short memories blah blah" "expectations are too high after last year blah blah"

Damn right expectations are high. We've been out of the top flight for too long and we have a chairman who has backed the manager 100%, this is his team and they play the way he says - and it's not good enough.

He's taken us as far as he can. 

Edited by owls101

25 minutes ago, owls101 said:

Have to agree with this.

Yes we are 6th but we've under performed. We should be easily in the playoffs with our squad and making a decent fist of autos.

CC's team selection, tactics and transfers have all been bang average and it's starting to wear thin.

"but look at his win percentage blah blah" "some people have short memories blah blah" "expectations are too high after last year blah blah"

Damn right expectations are high. We've been out of the top flight for too long and we have a chairman who has backed the manager 100%, this is his team and they play the way he says - and it's not good enough.

He's taken us as far as he can. 

Bit of a contradiction there mate.

I know we weren't the best entertainment team in the land for 17 or18 years ; but OMG just how many pessimists and wrist  slitters are there quivering and dithering in some dark cupboard behind the red door just waiting to leap out and inform us of our imminent armageddon if we don't win our next two matches ?

Our chairman/owner and our head coach have a vision for this club. That vision is to build a sound academy and underer 18 /16/ 14  teams which will produce very good players for us in the years to come. That part of the vision is coming along nicely, thankyou very much.

Another focus of this ethos is to try our hardest to reach the premier league before, or preferably during our birthday season. Taking us from a team of midtable battlers who turned a few good teams over in 14/15 , to a playoff final team in last seasons campaign when a lot of us expected and would have been happy with a top ten finish ,

as stated many , many times on here).

Now here we are, 2016/17 season, having spent a few bob consolidating last season's success, once again sitting pretty and most folk confident that we could turn over any rivals we encounter

during the playoffs , AND A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF THIS SITE'S MEMBERS WANT TO SACK OUR MOST SUCCESSFUL MANAGER SINCE WE PLAYED THE FECKIN FLINTSTONES ELEVEN KICKING BOULDERS ABOUT.

I'm not keen on the type of football being played, it reminds me of the boring , boring @rsenal days of Graham. But it is getting the results we crave, e.g. feckin wins. OK, so we lose a couple. 4 wins and 2 defeats = 12 points. 6 draws = 6 points.

So, no matter what happens from hereon to the end of the season a lot of you want CC sacked. Just because our football hasn't been scintillating this season. You would chuck away the two years of hard work by DC and CC THROUGHOUT THE CLUB just to get a new man in who may , or may not do a good job with the players at our disposal.

I really am sorry for the folk who want him sacked because he is here for the long haul lads. I reckon we have left the kneejerk reaction of sacking managers at a whim which seldom worked anyway, and we will stick with CC until he or DC decides he can mo longer continue to attain our aspirations.

Now, where's me medicine ? lol 

On 27/02/2017 at 21:11, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So you do post sometimes instead of constant negs then?

Because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't make it a negative. This is supposed to be a forum for debate. We have now probably the most expensive squad ever assembled at SWFC and the performances do not reflect that 

On 25/02/2017 at 14:32, killamarshtrekowl said:

Do we have to put up with this utter rounduns on here?  We've lost a very tight game through one defensive error and a great penalty save. Admin - get rid!

Great penalty save my rusty eye

I've been very critical of Carlos of late, his tactics are so frustrating, however I don't think he should be sacked just now. 

I personally feel he should see out this season, if we don't get promoted, then would be time for a change.