CC getting sacked...

Guest sirCharlesOaklhal

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

What mike 312 said is spot on

Why thank-you. I love Carlos and what he did last season but this season has been so frustrating. We have one of the best squads in the league and everyone keeps banging on about our attacking options but Winnall, Rhodes, Fletcher, Forestieri, Wallace, Reach, Abdi, McManaman, Hooper when fit, even Nuhiu and Joao and we don't have a go at teams? Whatever happened to attractive free flowing exciting football? That was why DC brought Carlos in, if he's not doing it then.....Carlos doesn't seem to know how to win a difficult match. I can't help but feel that an English manager with this group of players would not lose against average sides like Brentford, Leeds, Burton, Birmingham.

Just now, mike312 said:

Why thank-you. I love Carlos and what he did last season but this season has been so frustrating. We have one of the best squads in the league and everyone keeps banging on about our attacking options but Winnall, Rhodes, Fletcher, Forestieri, Wallace, Reach, Abdi, McManaman, Hooper when fit, even Nuhiu and Joao and we don't have a go at teams? Whatever happened to attractive free flowing exciting football? That was why DC brought Carlos in, if he's not doing it then.....Carlos doesn't seem to know how to win a difficult match. I can't help but feel that an English manager with this group of players would not lose against average sides like Brentford, Leeds, Burton, Birmingham.

Scary isn't it

His mis-management of such a talented group is a scandal 

8 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Leeds looked ordinary to me. But so did we

Agreed. Not at all convinced by all this talk about this being a high class division. Top 2 are head and shoulders above the rest. But the rest seem much of a muchness. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

We absolutely will make the playoffs. We are still in a very, very strong position. 

What would be the value in making a change now anyway? Who would you bring in who would improve us, especially in the short time available?

The value in making the change now would be that we might actually arrive in the playoffs with some momentum. We might actually play some sensible tactics, we might actually attack teams, we might make sensible substitutions, we might land on a manager who can get the best out of £20m+ worth of investement, we might even put some strategy behind set pieces and god forbid put a ball into the box once in a while.

A Yorkshire Derby, after one of our most abject performances against a play-off rival and we were just apathetic. No wonder the fans are flat, the excitement has gone, the buzz has gone and as much as I love the guy the blame sits with Carlos.

Granted there isn't a great deal of Managerial talent out there right now, but what happens if we miss the boat? Will we look back and say we knew this was coming?!

37 minutes ago, sirCharlesOaklhal said:

... it's like Leicester and Ranieri situation. The manager do the "impossible" and the club thinks they're already Barcelona.

Pure modern football s-t and just shows how ingrate they are.

Hurry up their kicking off down the lane.

It's a mad reaction to sack Carlos. I like the fella and hope he gets it right.

look back two years and count ourselves lucky we are panicking we won't achieve the playoffs.

12 from 18 points is decent. It just happens that we lost the last two.

come on folks, WAWAW?

a lot of clubs have spent more and would be buzzing to be where we are.

Just now, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

The value in making the change now would be that we might actually arrive in the playoffs with some momentum. We might actually play some sensible tactics, we might actually attack teams, we might make sensible substitutions, we might land on a manager who can get the best out of £20m+ worth of investement, we might even put some strategy behind set pieces and god forbid put a ball into the box once in a while.

A Yorkshire Derby, after one of our most abject performances against a play-off rival and we were just apathetic. No wonder the fans are flat, the excitement has gone, the buzz has gone and as much as I love the guy the blame sits with Carlos.

Granted there isn't a great deal of Managerial talent out there right now, but what happens if we miss the boat? Will we look back and say we knew this was coming?!

So you are happy just to make a change for the sake of it with no consideration to long term planning or who we actually bring in? 

30 minutes ago, trotter said:

He hasn't a clue what his best 11 is

Hasnt hadn't done all season - we have suffered hugely as a result.

Beyond frustrated with it tbh.

We have a huge squad with plenty of talent, variety and options yet the football has been predictable, ponderous and slow all season

CC was fine with a small squad and few option but I am increasingly feeling he is out of his depth in our current scenario with all the choice at his disposal.

He doesn't  know how to get the best out of it on any level and I feel sorry for Rhodes and Winnall - talented strikers at this level yet getting no service at all.

Give my eye teeth to have Monk managing this squad at this moment.

2 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Crazy to sack him during the season when we sit 6th 

Would you agree if we miss out on the play offs and DC axes him that would be the right choice?

I wouldn't be totally averse to it....2 years,.... enough money....Thanks and goodbye would not be an outrage in my opinion.

I can take the fact that Newcastle and Brighton are going up, Newcastle were always favourites and to be fair, Brighton were very unlucky last year and are a good side, 

Its the hindsight crap that gets on my nerves...

I will openly admit that we seem to have the players, but not hit on the system, thats down to Carlos, theres no way you can avoid admitting that...

But the chances we created against Brentford Tuesday night, should not be missed by quality players...and they were...A penalty should not be missed from 12 yds...That was down to our 10 million man...but it happens..

If we get a new manager in now, and miss out on the play offs,...It will be...Well it wasn't his team etc...and off we go rebuilding again...until a thread starts....(insert managers name)...Out?

24 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

20 million on the whole squad and his the best record as a wednesday manager since 1960... stop drinking you clown...facts are simple..sasso messed up big time then someone who has the best goalscoring record outside the premier league misses a penalty... its the wednesday way... but carlos is here to stay thankfully.

Facts are simple. We arent playing well and we have a 10 mill striker who we could swap for a 500k striker and you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

1 minute ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Not the pundits on Sky.....and I quote SWFC keep playing the same system game after game and it's only individual brilliance that keeps them winning games!

That is what people are frustrated about last season we changed it around a bit and did great, Our link up play is gone we have become a team that rely on 1 bit of magic just like we did when we were a mid table team 

11 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Crazy to sack him during the season when we sit 6th 

Would you agree if we miss out on the play offs and DC axes him that would be the right choice?

Weren't we 3rd when Meggo got the bullet? :duntmatter:

I don't think anyone really wants to see Carlos sacked. I think what the fans want is a little more attacking intent from the first whistle. We do look like we want too many touches and don't seem to move the ball about quickly enough. These ponderous starts make the players look nervous and unsure. Give them something to go for before the confidence is shot for the season.