"Official 150th Mural"

1 hour ago, Juan Cobian said:

1. Lee Bullen in the changing rooms at Cardiff, sat on the floor.

2. Terry Curran on the jukebox/karaoke singing I never felt more like singing the blues, Carlton Palmer picking next song

3. Ronnie Starling and Nigel Pearson comparing trophies (FA Cup and Rumbelows Cup).

4. David Hirst drinking champagne, with James Bond type tuxedo on his clothes peg.

5. Roland Nilsson putting up name tags with his name on above every changing room peg, apart from David Hirst.

6. Eric Taylor, Harry Catterick, Jack Charlton, Ron Atkinson and Carlos Carvalhal stood around the tactics board. 

7. Alan Smith working on player on massage table, maybe Chris Waddle.

8. Local lads Derek Dooley, David Ford, Mel Sterland, together.

9. Goalkeepers union -  peter springett, martin hodge, kevin pressman, kieren westwood.

10.irish lads john sheridan, chris brunt, glenn whelan, nigel worthington in irish corner

SWFC our 82nd Aniversary 1935-2017 ? 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

1 hour ago, Juan Cobian said:

2. Terry Curran on the jukebox/karaoke singing I never felt more like singing the blues, Carlton Palmer picking next song

3. Ronnie Starling and Nigel Pearson comparing trophies (FA Cup and Rumbelows Cup).

4. David Hirst drinking champagne, with James Bond type tuxedo on his clothes peg.

5. Roland Nilsson putting up name tags with his name on above every changing room peg, apart from David Hirst.

6. Eric Taylor, Harry Catterick, Jack Charlton, Ron Atkinson and Carlos Carvalhal stood around the tactics board. 

9. Goalkeepers union -  peter springett, martin hodge, kevin pressman, kieren westwood.

10.irish lads john sheridan, chris brunt, glenn whelan, nigel worthington in irish corner

Some good ideas there, think it's only 10 players though.

4 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

One player I'd really like to see on there (and to be fair he probably will be) is Roland Nilsson. Our best ever right back, played in 3 cup finals (4 if you count the replay) and as probably our best ever foreign player if would be nice to have someone representing us from another nation.

In my opinion, he was the best right back ever seen in English football

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

6 minutes ago, Juan Cobian said:

I thought I'd leave the 1867-1935 nominations to you pal.

OK Mate I better get busy then....

Bramall Lane, Olive Grove & Hillsborough are givens. George Ulyett (only player to have represented both Football and Cricket teams);  Billy Betts; Jack Brown; Tommy Crawshaw; Fred Spiksley; Ernest Blenkinsop,; Jimmy Seed; Jimmy Trotter; Alf Strange; Tony Leech and Billy Marsden   

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

OK Mate I better get busy then....

Bramall Lane, Olive Grove & Hillsborough are givens. George Ulyett (only player to have represented both Football and Cricket teams);  Billy Betts; Jack Brown; Tommy Crawshaw; Fred Spiksley; Ernest Blenkinsop,; Jimmy Seed; Jimmy Trotter; Alf Strange; Tony Leech and Billy Marsden   

How have you managed to leave Andrew Wilson off that list?

This is going to be a complete disaster.

4 hours ago, Juan Cobian said:

Surely the managers sat playing cards and jack charltons are a hand of aces?

somewhere in there must be a cricket type theme too? Maybe the themed round players of pre 1935

Edited by ViolaOwls

This is a great concept.

It will be a great tribute as long as it reflects the majority of the club's history and as more of the true legends rather than a bunch of modern players.

It's hard to pick just 10. Had to leave out many of my favourite players and quite a lot of legendary players. But my top 10 are: Andrew Wilson; Ellis Rimmer, Fred Spiksley, Tommy Crawshaw, Ernest Blenkinsop, Ron Springett, John Fantham, Derek Dooley, David Hirst and John Sheridan. It's debatable who our top 10 all time legends are but I feel for various reasons these significant players are deserving of a place in the dream scene painting, in my opinion. But I can see how it would be tricky for a fanbase of all ages to come up with a definitive top 10 but I hope we all appreciate the idea and I hope the final outcome does justice to the club's entire 150 year history.

Surely Andrew Wilson should be on there for being our all time top scorer and appearances record holder. I'd have Ellis Rimmer on there for scoring in every round of the Cup. Fred Spiksley for being one of the games first stars and for his remarkable life story and career. Tommy Crawshaw for his loyalty and leadership. Ernie Blenkinsop for being one of England's greatest ever full backs. Ron Springett for being our best ever keeper and for being in the England squad that won the World Cup. Johnny Fantham for being our post war top scorer. Derek Dooley for his goalscoring prowess in his tragically short playing career and his remarkably inspiring life story. David Hirst for being a true modern cult legend, not just a remarkable striker but scoring with a broken ankle and keeping a clean sheet as emergency keeper typified how much Wednesday means to him. And lastly Sheridan not just for being our best modern player but also for his legendary Cup Final winning goal.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

On 22/02/2017 at 17:17, ohgoditsjames said:

Ellis Rimmer, joined us in 1928 and took part in the "great escape" following that he won the league with us twice, 1928-29, 1929-1930 and the FA cup with us in 1935. Ellis scored 140 goals in 418 appearances and he scored in every round of the cup (eight in total) including the 2 in the final. After he retired from football he ran the Hallamshire House public house in Sheffield.  He died at the early age of 58 in 1965. Andrew Wilson also won the league with us in 1928-1929 and 1929-1930, the FA cup in 1907 and he remains the clubs all time goal scorer with 216 goals and is the highest capped player, he made 545 appearances. Wilson was the highest scorer in 6 different seasons. 

Corrected the year that Wilson won the FA Cup with us.             Hope to git these two make it, and hope to god that he paints all the trophies, it's meant to represent the history, including the Cromwell cups and the Football alliance.

Edited by ohgoditsjames