"Official 150th Mural"

7 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Looking at his reputation and as something of an expert on footballing art (I have some of Trev's prints) I would think at the very least £200 unless DC is going to be generous.

How much for the canvases? I would like to think that the club if they make a profit out of the venture it would be a small one. I feel that £200 for a print would put it out of the reach of quite a few fans.. 1867 prints if that were the figure at £200 each would generate £373400. The article says his paintings  sell for a tenth of that.

Edited by darra

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I understand that

But in my opinion, none of the current squad have done anything to deserve legend status, in fact no player since the Hirst's, Waddle's or Sheridan's merits legend status, some people might suggest Bullen because he lifted the play off final trophy, but in my eyes lifting a third division trophy doesn't warrant legend status, and I hope this mural is a true representation of our legends, and not just a reflection of the whims of the current fanbase.

I'd think Fessi might make the cutoff but not the final picture, as for pure entertainment for me he is one of the most exciting players in our history but like you said he's yet to win anything.

But if we have too many players from before the 1950's, not many people will be able to relate to the picture and to my way of thinking it will lose some impact.

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Hopefully it will be players from across our history. Hirst is a given maybe Shezza. Also Starling, Dooley

I hope so

In my opinion, something as special as this, shouldn't be left in the hands of the supporters

There is a responsibility for it to show the true legends across our 150 year history

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, darra said:

How much for the canvases? I would like to think that the club if they make a profit out of the venture it would be a small one. I feel that £200 for a print would put it out of the reach of quite a few fans.. 1867 prints if that were the figure at £200 each would generate £373400. The article says his prints sell for a tenth of that.

I hope that your right and they will be a lower price as I would love to have one.

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I think it's a little tactless that cold water has been poured on Trevs original idea. Two artists separated by style rather than talent.

Pretty sure Trev wont be mythered

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I hope that your right and they will be a lower price as I would love to have one.

Same here. At the end of the day you are selling to a niche market and the sell on potential would be low.

15 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I understand that

But in my opinion, none of the current squad have done anything to deserve legend status, in fact no player since the Hirst's, Waddle's or Sheridan's merits legend status, some people might suggest Bullen because he lifted the play off final trophy, but in my eyes lifting a third division trophy doesn't warrant legend status, and I hope this mural is a true representation of our legends, and not just a reflection of the whims of the current fanbase.

Spot on, my first thought as well.

Worried Forestieri is going to end up on there, although it would be quite sad in a way if there isn't anyone after the 90's, but I do agree there isn't really anyone who deserves to be.

10 minutes ago, darra said:

How much for the canvases? I would like to think that the club if they make a profit out of the venture it would be a small one. I feel that £200 for a print would put it out of the reach of quite a few fans.. 1867 prints if that were the figure at £200 each would generate £373400. The article says his paintings  sell for a tenth of that.

His prints are about 199 Au$ so £200 is about right

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

His prints are about 199 Au$ so £200 is about right

$199 Aus would work out at around £100. As I say I  think it depends on how many are produced. If what you think happens you are possibly looking at around £500 for a canvas.

5 minutes ago, darra said:

$199 Aus would work out at around £100. As I say I  think it depends on how many are produced. If what you think happens you are possibly looking at around £500 for a canvas.

Aren't they supposed to be collectors items why wouldn't they be expensive...no doubt someone will do knock off  prints out for those who want to spend a £10 to get a peice of club history

Edited by daveyboy66

12 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Spot on, my first thought as well.

Worried Forestieri is going to end up on there, although it would be quite sad in a way if there isn't anyone after the 90's, but I do agree there isn't really anyone who deserves to be.

I think legendary status cannot be given to any player who hasn't represented us in the top division, especially on something has important as this. This mural will still be around in 100 years, there is a big responsibility being given out to supporters, and I don't believe we have the knowledge to make a fair assessment. 

If in 100 years, a supporter researches the history of all the players on this mural, and they see names that haven't represented us in the top division, well if it were myself looking back, I'd be thinking 'how can this be a true reflection of our legends, a couple of these guys weren't even good enough to play in the top division'

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Aren't they supposed to be collectors items why wouldn't they be expensive...no doubt someone will do knock off  prints out for those who want to spend a £10 to get a peice of club history

Maybe you're right about being collectors items again depends on how many are produced.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I think legendary status cannot be given to any player who hasn't represented us in the top division, especially on something has important as this. This mural will still be around in 100 years, there is a big responsibility being given out to supporters, and I don't believe we have the knowledge to make a fair assessment. 

If in 100 years, a supporter researches the history of all the players on this mural, and they see names that haven't represented us in the top division, well if it were myself looking back, I'd be thinking 'how can this be a true reflection of our legends, a couple of these guys weren't even good enough to play in the top division'

Agree with all of that Hoots, sticking someone like Bullen or Semedo on there might seem a nice thing to do now but in 20 years time it won't look right. Hopefully the club will come up with a well researched shortlist for the fans to vote on.

Can't help but feel that Chansiri will want someone from his era on there though.

4 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Agree with all of that Hoots, sticking someone like Bullen or Semedo on there might seem a nice thing to do now but in 20 years time it won't look right. Hopefully the club will come up with a well researched shortlist for the fans to vote on.

Can't help but feel that Chansiri will want someone from his era on there though.

Hope so mate

I wouldn't mind buying one because it should be a piece of our history reflecting our greats

I love what Semedo and Bullen did for us, but with all due respect, I won't be buying a 150th commemorative keepsake if they're on it, and the same goes for Forestieri too, he may become a legend for us, but I don't see it, and definitely not in time for this mural.