"Official 150th Mural"

3 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Ellis Rimmer, joined us in 1928 and took part in the "great escape" following that he won the league with us twice, 1928-29, 1929-1930 and the FA cup with us in 1935. Ellis scored 140 goals in 418 appearances and he scored in every round of the cup (eight in total) including the 2 in the final. After he retired from football he ran the Hallamshire House public house in Sheffield.  He died at the early age of 58 in 1965. Andrew Wilson also won the league with us in 1928-1929 and 1929-1930, the FA cup in 1935 and he remains the clubs all time goal scorer with 216 goals and is the highest capped player, he made 545 appearances. Wilson was the highest scorer in 6 different seasons. 

I'm no club historian but Andrew Wilson played for the  club between 1900-1920

Brilliant idea

Not sure about supporters voting for who should be on it

There any many important players in our history and I hope the chosen ones are a fair reflection on our history

And not just chosen from the glorious team of the early nineties

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Brilliant idea

There any many important players in our history and I hope the chosen ones are a fair reflection on our history

Whoever is not picked someone will make a good case for him, but many deserving will fall by the wayside.  Just have to accept the people's choice.

Great idea from the club, I'm familiar with Jamie's work, especially his AFL murals, that doesn't mean I have the slightest understanding of Aussie rules football though..... lol

You can get an idea of what he charges here -  http://www.jamiecooperartist.com/new-products/

In our case I'm sure the club will setting the pricing for the limited edition canvas and print versions.

17 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Really? 

depends how many there'll be. I'm guessing 1867 which in terms for a limited edition isn't thought of as that limited. What would you think of as a sensible price? I'd expect the canvases to be well over 3 figures

Edited by darra

18 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Whoever is not picked someone will make a good case for him, but many deserving will fall by the wayside.  Just have to accept the people's choice.

I understand that

But in my opinion, none of the current squad have done anything to deserve legend status, in fact no player since the Hirst's, Waddle's or Sheridan's merits legend status, some people might suggest Bullen because he lifted the play off final trophy, but in my eyes lifting a third division trophy doesn't warrant legend status, and I hope this mural is a true representation of our legends, and not just a reflection of the whims of the current fanbase.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, darra said:

depends how many there'll be. I'm guessing 1867 which in terms for a limited edition isn't thought of as that limited. What would you think of as a sensible price?

Looking at his reputation and as something of an expert on footballing art (I have some of Trev's prints) I would think at the very least £200 unless DC is going to be generous.

34 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Brilliant idea

Hopefully it will be players from across our history. Hirst is a given maybe Shezza. Also Starling, Dooley