Is reach a total waste of money

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fair comments, but then there were a few of us saying that Hutchinson needed to play in the middle of the park, Carlos disagreed, although to be fair, he eventually came around to our way of thinking. As a manager, you don't always get it right. 

well thank god he listened to you ......

I have no idea how much Carlos likes Fox. He played very well in his 82 mins at Bristol, not sure he can keep that level up 

Reach is a Carlos favourite which to some on here is akin to being the teachers pet. 

I expect to see a lot less of Pudil with Fox and Reach being the regular starting pair down the left. A regular sub will be Fox off with Reach to full back and a more attacking player, Macca or FF on the left.

Will he start Reach full back with FF wide left. Possibly against a poor side at home but I would be surprised to see it

I'd be reluctant to form a sound opinion on any of our players at the moment due to the current tactics employed.

None of them look particularly comfortable playing so defensively, and the slow build up and over-passing leads to inevitable mistakes and frustration.

Carlos needs to release the shackles, adopt a more flexible and proactive approach. Until he does, the squad will continue to perform averagely at best.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I haven't been a fan.  I can see what the OP is saying but since the Brighton games, he has been much improved.  He always works hard and helps to cover his full back but I've seen a few decent runs and crosses in the last few games.  The run and assist against Bristol was sublime.

Maybe just maybe there is a player in there after all!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

I haven't been a fan.  I can see what the OP is saying but since the Brighton games, he has been much improved.  He always works hard and helps to cover his full back but I've seen a few decent runs and crosses in the last few games.  The run and assist against Bristol was sublime.

Maybe just maybe there is a player in there after all!!

Having said all that he'd start away but be on the bench at home with Nando on the left if it was up to me!

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

the way we play he's ideal on the left he's a good defender and does ok going forward .....mcmanaman i'd guess is decent  going forward but think he'd lack a bit on the defensive side ......it's reach for me everytime  in the present system

So apart from the PNE goal tell me when he's created a decent chance or put a good cross in?

If he's a good defender then he is a waste of money!

Plus he loses the ball more than anyone in our team, so I wouldn't say he is a good defender!

9 hours ago, benni8 said:

Your words were "reach has been a disappointment"

You seem to be missing the point. Our experienced manager who guided us to 90 mins of the premiership, and having a bulging squad with many options still picks him. There are people on this thread who think he is doing a good job and i agree. Does as he is told and puts a shift it. 

This Forum should be about discussion. Your comments are not discussion. They are criticism aimed at a player and is negative and helps nobody.

So we can have discussion providing it is entirely positive.

You are also ignoring the fact I said he has shown some positives, and been forced to play LB. To me that sounds like a balanced discursive post.

For godness sake.

What possibility is their to be negative about anything to do with adam reach so far? Not world beating but certainly not "dissapointing".

What makes you think he can be any better?  

You must have some factual evidence to know Adam reach should play better or has even played this good before. He was shipped out on loan to preston last year.

Who put this mystery ideal image adam reach in your mind? 

19 minutes ago, benni8 said:

For godness sake.

What possibility is their to be negative about anything to do with adam reach so far? Not world beating but certainly not "dissapointing".

What makes you think he can be any better?  

You must have some factual evidence to know Adam reach should play better or has even played this good before. He was shipped out on loan to preston last year.

Who put this mystery ideal image adam reach in your mind? 

I think it's the expectation that came with being the club's record signing.

Edited by pazowl55

How can I have factual evidence to support an opinion? That's all it is - an opinion. You are welcome to have yours and I respect that. It just so happens not to match mine. 

You reference his loan at Preston - apparently he was exceptionally good there and helped their second half of the season improvement. As yet he has not made such an impact here. 

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

So apart from the PNE goal tell me when he's created a decent chance or put a good cross in?

If he's a good defender then he is a waste of money!

Plus he loses the ball more than anyone in our team, so I wouldn't say he is a good defender!

Bristol city last week for our 1st goal .....

13 hours ago, Grandad said:

Is it really just me who sees a single post by someone, as negative as it is, and thinks 'Pork' and doesnt even bother responding?

Would anybody really feel motivated enough by Reachs performances to sign up for Owlstalk, and then post such a lengthy attack on one of our players and then not even respond to 4 pages of comments?

No its not just you mate.