Is reach a total waste of money

NO. The guy has had to fill 2 positions which has undoubtedly affected his form.The price dictated by the premier clubs parachute payments, made transfer fees crazy.

He is improving all the time and has great technical ability, amazing how he brings a ball under control in one movement, he is the right age and will definitely get better. 

18 minutes ago, Totleyowl1 said:

He constantly loses the ball and never beats a defender. Seems to lack confidence and strength. Always letting other players make the cross or win the ball back. I've never seen him impose himself or out do the other team in defence or attack. For £5 million I think Middlesbrough are laughing at us. We have a quality player in macca and he should be playing instead of reach. He was the worst player at Wigan and he definitely stood out as a liability and Wigan pushed him around. He's young and might come true but as we're hopping for promotion can we really give him the time.

first off, no he doesn't constantly lose the ball, you've probably seen him lose it once or twice and people tend to only remember the bad stuff 

against wigan I saw him beat his man on at least 2 occasions 

he covers a lot of ground and is all over the place, got great energy levels

I think he lacks confidence a tad. He needs to be more decisive and clinical 

but a total waste of money? hell naw, david jones now he is a total waste 

Guest domSWFC

I think he's got the ability, he's got the athleticism, but he's never direct enough to use it. He could stretch defences and put teams on them back foot. 

I'm not sure if it's down to tactics, confidence, or form. But his play is so restricted. 

At times I feel Helan was a more effective outlet last season. No where near as talented, but ran with pace and made teams drop back, relieving pressure. When we are under pressure and Reach has the ball, he doesn't break forward with it, so the other team are able to pressure us high up field. 

At Wigan, they pinned us back and multiple times Reach was the outball. But his lack of directness meant the counter was quickly nullified. 

Edited by domSWFC

4 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Please see one of the other threads asking the exact same thing. Save us all some time. There's a small, vocal group of fans that like to boo him, there's a small group of fans that will vocally support him and there's a larger group that are just watching football.

Give the lad a chance, anyone that knows a good footballer can tell he's got talent.

In fact I'd personally put him at almost the exact same status Brunt had with us some times, a few vocal fans slating him all the time despite it being painfully obvious that he had class. Whelan got pelters too and was far too good for us at the time.

Excellent point & comparison, couldn't agree more. The number of arguments I had about Brunt when he was here was unreal, bit like Antonio too - both haven't done bad since they moved on have they !? Its the world we live in I guess, Instant performances & results needed, everybody wants everything NOW.... I'd say cut him some slack & give him some time ffs

3 minutes ago, clampyowl said:

the price of him is irrelevant, what is relevant, is the fact he's not good enough, I just cant get My head round why he starts every game, how long are people guna make excuses for him, he's crap end of

Well if it's a fact that 'He is not good enough' why even bring the debate to the table ?

I remember me thinking what the hell is Clough doing bringing McGovern into Forrest...Two European Championships later......................... 

2 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Thanks, mate.

Sometimes I cannot take this place. Sometimes it's my life I can't taste. Sometimes I cannot feel my face. You'll never see me fall from grace.

Hang in there poric, your life you will taste

To not feel your face is by no means disgrace

We all stand together and carry our loads

It will work itself out now we've got Jordan rhodes

2 minutes ago, mr moody said:

Hang in there poric, your life you will taste

To not feel your face is by no means disgrace

We all stand together and carry our loads

It will work itself out now we've got Jordan rhodes

It's just that something takes a part of me. Something lost and never seen. Every time I start to believe, something's raped and taken from me.