Is reach a total waste of money

Stuff like this gets missed. Each to their own.. but if you can see the lad has talent and he is relatively new and still only 24, would you then write him off despite him wanting the same as you.. to perform to the best of his abilities for us. Then there are idiots who want tear him down and focus on the absolute most negative aspects of him rather than help him along and cheer the lad on! For 90 mins each game. unwaivering support. at the end of the game and after yea, i agree give um ear bashing on radio/internet etc.. but you cant be bothered doing that cos you think they get paid alot of money so they should be able to handle it. But some people believe it or not i.e. footballers are human. Money means nothing. Its an image that we have of footballers these days. But alot of that is media made... Look at that first jordan rhodes interview last week... lovely lad buzzing to be here and because he spoke with a local accent you can relate to him.. They a normal person underneath. They need good vibes to perform at their best. And because we have paid our "good earned" money we chose to suck our thumb untill they "please" us again. wawaw is testicles as far as im concerned

5 hours ago, Totleyowl1 said:

He constantly loses the ball and never beats a defender. Seems to lack confidence and strength. Always letting other players make the cross or win the ball back. I've never seen him impose himself or out do the other team in defence or attack. For £5 million I think Middlesbrough are laughing at us. We have a quality player in macca and he should be playing instead of reach. He was the worst player at Wigan and he definitely stood out as a liability and Wigan pushed him around. He's young and might come true but as we're hopping for promotion can we really give him the time.

Written by a true pig. 

Edited by Shezza

5 hours ago, Totleyowl1 said:

He constantly loses the ball and never beats a defender. Seems to lack confidence and strength. Always letting other players make the cross or win the ball back. I've never seen him impose himself or out do the other team in defence or attack. For £5 million I think Middlesbrough are laughing at us. We have a quality player in macca and he should be playing instead of reach. He was the worst player at Wigan and he definitely stood out as a liability and Wigan pushed him around. He's young and might come true but as we're hopping for promotion can we really give him the time.

WTF is wrong with our fans? Reach has done OK. It's not his fault that we paid £X for him. Can we just get off the backs of our players for a week or two.

Some players are brilliant, some are good , some maybe not so good but they all wear the shirt and deserve support and respect.  Why on earth do some of our fans have to pick a player and vilify him, first it was Nuhiu then Palmer, Hunt, Pudill, Sasso, Loovens, Wallace, Bannan, Reach. Basically some fans are down the neck of just about all our first team players.

Just give it a rest.

AR is young, plays a few positions, has tremendous work rate, covers back and is always looking to link up. When he starts getting a few goals and assists his confidence will grow and we should have a really good player.  Maybe everyone expected someone a bit more flash for that money and I'd like to see a few more killer crosses but this will come in time so no not a waste of money. 

I plussed the OP: Not as I entirely agree but it didn't deserve the negs it has received.

Reach has been a disappointment. Not helped by playing LB at times, but he has not provided decent crosses or through balls and seems reluctant to shoot, often running into blind alleys.

He seems to have decent touch and plays with his head up so I am still hopeful he will come good, but at present he has been a disappointment.

8 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I plussed the OP: Not as I entirely agree but it didn't deserve the negs it has received.

Reach has been a disappointment. Not helped by playing LB at times, but he has not provided decent crosses or through balls and seems reluctant to shoot, often running into blind alleys.

He seems to have decent touch and plays with his head up so I am still hopeful he will come good, but at present he has been a disappointment.

I genuinely want to know..

Please explain to me on what basis you are judging him disappointing without mentioning the 5 Million

What were you doing at 24?

Edited by benni8

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He has played in positions where he should be expected to put decent crosses in. His passing has been (symptomatic of the team) been cautious rather than penetrative. He often runs down blind alleys.

WTF does what I was doing at 24 have to do with anything? Are we only allowed to criticise if we have been professional players?

So if you were the same age as him now and you were watching him play for sheff wed earning a decent wage and starting everyweek and following his managers directions and doing a good job on the whole, you would walk up to him and say " your disappointing you mate".. ha ha. give over you wouldnt dare too! you would carry on stacking shelves or whatever. But because your older and on the internet you know better, what its like to perform under the pressure of championship football, the mental strength and discipline it takes- but never mind all that... just dance for me... perform to my levels or i will go on the internet to air my displeasure

Ill tell you what, lets all have a whip round and start a petition where the players and carlos do a radio phone... you can call in and tell them how based your expert knowledge of football they should do things differently to improve adam reach for not fulfilling your lofty expections

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If Carlos does shift Forestieri out to the left, will Reach even play? Can't see him dislodging Wallace on the right, not on recent form anyway

LB

Better than Pudil. 

May move up to become a superb LW in time.

Bale-esque.

(predictive did bake-sequel)

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Shall we tell Neil to shut the forum down then as I assume very few on here have credentials at high levels of the game?

Your words were "reach has been a disappointment"

You seem to be missing the point. Our experienced manager who guided us to 90 mins of the premiership, and having a bulging squad with many options still picks him. There are people on this thread who think he is doing a good job and i agree. Does as he is told and puts a shift it. 

This Forum should be about discussion. Your comments are not discussion. They are criticism aimed at a player and is negative and helps nobody.

14 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Well if that's the case how does Carlos explain signing another 3 left backs? I don't think he sees him playing there

Urby doesn't count.

Carlos must and will play the best LB available to him. That's exactly what DC will expect of a strong manager.

Do you think it's Pudil from what you have seen in the last 29 games?

Do you think it's Fox from what you have seen in his 82 minutes in a Wednesday shirt?

Of course he will play LB.

Edited by Holmowl

36 minutes ago, benni8 said:

Your words were "reach has been a disappointment"

You seem to be missing the point. Our experienced manager who guided us to 90 mins of the premiership, and having a bulging squad with many options still picks him. There are people on this thread who think he is doing a good job and i agree. Does as he is told and puts a shift it. 

This Forum should be about discussion. Your comments are not discussion. They are criticism aimed at a player and is negative and helps nobody.

Fair comments, but then there were a few of us saying that Hutchinson needed to play in the middle of the park, Carlos disagreed, although to be fair, he eventually came around to our way of thinking. As a manager, you don't always get it right.