Is reach a total waste of money

At the moment I would say he is a waste of a few million not a waste of money, the price tag is off putting based on what we have seen BUT that is the premium for a young English player signed from a PL club. He has show good quality in patches and absolute dog turd in others. IF we are still in the Championship next season I feel that he will have a storming season and justify the price tag. If we are in the PL I don't think we will see him anywhere near the starting 11.

He is joint 2nd with assists this season with Forestieri.

He is being played in 2 different positions and has done so more than capably.

I have been to most away games this year and at times reach has been our only outlet with flashes of brilliance/skill every so often.

People who watch football just so they can brag about who won, who cost more, who's ground is the biggest, are generally the sort of "fans" that if he hasnt scored from 30 yards and done 15 rabonas every match then he is rubbish and a waste of money.

He is a very good left sided player than due to tactics and formations is sometimes played in a way that limits his attacking abilities but just like at preston, he gets his head down and just gets on with it.

I am very happy he is here, just like I was with brunt (and we know how much stick he got from the same numpties who are now having a pop at reach).

We are not real madrid, we are in the second tier of english football, that means you have decent players who sometimes turn it on, and sometimes dont.... If they did, they wouldn't be here. Its all part and parcel of this league.

Let the lad grow, support him, and you might be surprised that he might improve to become a brilliant asset for us.

Reach is quality.

It's not just about tekkers. It's about character.

Reach has this in spades, he also has intelligence, not to mention great workrate and movement.

Misplaced passes can happen when the team is not clicking. 

Edited by Bodhidharma

1 hour ago, Totleyowl1 said:

He constantly loses the ball and never beats a defender. Seems to lack confidence and strength. Always letting other players make the cross or win the ball back. I've never seen him impose himself or out do the other team in defence or attack. For £5 million I think Middlesbrough are laughing at us. We have a quality player in macca and he should be playing instead of reach. He was the worst player at Wigan and he definitely stood out as a liability and Wigan pushed him around. He's young and might come true but as we're hopping for promotion can we really give him the time.

WTF:

Wow; your performance appraisals must be a great inspiration to your staff!

I couldn't understand the transfer. Preston wanted him and were prepared to pay £1m for his services following an impressive loan spell. Then with seemingly no completion for his services, we come along offering five times that. As someone who's been critical of him, it's safe to say, he hasn't set the place alight, but I'm hopeful that there's more to come from him. So far, he's looked pretty ordinary, but maybe that's because he's been stifled by Carlos's tactics. Hopefully he'll have a better second half to the season

1 hour ago, Totleyowl1 said:

He constantly loses the ball and never beats a defender. Seems to lack confidence and strength. Always letting other players make the cross or win the ball back. I've never seen him impose himself or out do the other team in defence or attack. For £5 million I think Middlesbrough are laughing at us. We have a quality player in macca and he should be playing instead of reach. He was the worst player at Wigan and he definitely stood out as a liability and Wigan pushed him around. He's young and might come true but as we're hopping for promotion can we really give him the time.

I feel a massive negging on its way . lol

2 hours ago, Totleyowl1 said:

Well if that's your first post you're off to a flyer!

Just what we need, another totally negative poster dressing up a hatchet job as lively debate and opinion.

Whats your next offering going to be? "Should we have hounded the traitor Forestieti out of the club"?

In this last few days where we had one of the most exciting signings in recent memory, currently sit sixth in the league, this is your only contribution.

How thoroughly depressing!!

2 hours ago, Totleyowl1 said:

Worst player at Wigan !!!! No way , he may be a bit of a letdown so far but is young and I see a good player there 

36 minutes ago, geriatricowl said:

A left footed player who can play on either wing, left full back, midfield or up front. these type of players are few and far between. Silly opening post IMO.

A utility player, sounds perfect for the bench

50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I couldn't understand the transfer. Preston wanted him and were prepared to pay £1m for his services following an impressive loan spell. Then with seemingly no completion for his services, we come along offering five times that. As someone who's been critical of him, it's safe to say, he hasn't set the place alight, but I'm hopeful that there's more to come from him. So far, he's looked pretty ordinary, but maybe that's because he's been stifled by Carlos's tactics. Hopefully he'll have a better second half to the season

I am pretty sure we didn't come in and say here, here's 5 million. We probably started off around the million mark aswell. But the fact that Boro pushed us to around 5 million show just how much they rated him and we wanted him