Championship Run-in 2016-2017

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

Something I've only just spotted is that Fulham only have 3 home games left and 5 away including Us, Derby, Norwich and Huddersfield

They're crap at home. Hopefully they should drop points in at least 3 of those away games. 

We're so so lucky. 

Usually you'd look at a graph like that and think "we've got a more preferable run in to the rest, thankfully".

However, on recent form it doesn't seem to matter who we play....the fact is we will play awfully for an absolute minimum of 45 minutes and any team in the Championship has the ability to take advantage of that. Even Toytown.

On 03/04/2017 at 13:28, BIG D said:

Finally got round to updating it.

I wouldn't swap run ins with Fulham but we have to start winning games ourselves.

58e23f9a17f53_ChampRunIn.thumb.jpg.5d1c08f40c6656c1223f6c078f122506.jpg

lets be reight.. I can't see us winning tonight, we're not going to beat Newcastle, Warnock always gets one over on us, we never get owt at QPR / Ipswich and we haven't beaten Derby in over 10 years.

But.. if Fulham get as meagre a points tally as we're likely to get in their remaing games [and assuming Villa dont get 9 more points than us] then we could still be in with a shout against Fulham

Every year its the same story in the Championship, I would hate to play any team around the bottom 3 if they still have a fighting chance. They will be do or die, we've been one of them before and pulled off a lot of big upset wins around this time.

Readings fixtures are a walk on paper, but are playing 3 teams who will do anything to get just a point.

27 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

Every year its the same story in the Championship, I would hate to play any team around the bottom 3 if they still have a fighting chance. They will be do or die, we've been one of them before and pulled off a lot of big upset wins around this time.

Readings fixtures are a walk on paper, but are playing 3 teams who will do anything to get just a point.

Was gonna say this too, looking up the table at Reading and Leeds, if we all end up on similar points come the last couple of games then we desperately want Wigan not to have already been relegated. Ditto Wolves and Burton really.

Preston and Norwich's run-ins are both pretty horrible; that match where they play each other a week on Monday is going to be a bit of a cruncher.

Reading and Hudds need two wins, which they'll get (Hudds just) ... By the time Derby come to S6 they'll be out of it ... It's between us, Leeds and Fulham ... Predicted weeks ago Leeds would blow up, massive game for them Saturday ... Villa on a surge and will fall short but not by much ... I think our fixtures are pretty good ... Norwich plsy all around us, sadly they're pony on the road.  My prediction remains Hudds 4th vs Us 5th in the semis.  

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

Game on

58e4204b77f22_ChampionshipRun-In2016-2017.thumb.jpg.e555805deed68ed1bf35ab574e0a629d.jpg

Our matches may have been turgid, but the next four weeks are going to be as tense and gut-wrenchingly exciting as you could imagine. 

From Leeds through to Norwich, you can't write anyone off. Preston could be two points behind us on Saturday night, Norwich could be three points behind us. Leeds can be dragged in, or can pull clear again.

Villa have left it very late so are not even in your list, but have won 7 of their last 8, conceding one solitary goal. Looking at their fixtures you could make a case that they can win all six of them. Which would mean we need 10 points from our six matches.

Our own fixtures, tbh, are pretty scary, but then so are everyone else's. 

White-knuckle horror film, X-rated, hide behind the sofa (or behind a pillar on the Kop).

Football eh?