Championship Run-in 2016-2017

2 hours ago, Rogers said:

Fulham vs Leeds wouldn't mind a draw 

Newcastle to beat Reading hopefully

If we're playing hypotheticals I wouldn't mind a Fulham win so long as we smash Burton. Could move us to 4th with increasing pressure on Reading (if they lose) and Leeds. 

I guess it will all be that little bit clearer Tuesday night. 

Edited by themaskedowl

In the car home on Saturday four of us were discussing the play off spots. 

I think Leeds will drop out

My son thinks Reading will miss out

My dad thinks Huddersfield will miss out

My dads mate thinks it will stay as it is.

im always glass half full (I still believe we will push the top two very close and finish third).  The other three are glass half full (at a push on a good day).  I'm reassured none of the pessimists think we will drop out of the play offs.  

I love Big Ds efforts. It would be great to see me proven right (re Leeds) and monitor it in glorious Big D spreadsheet techni vision. 

Id equally love him to do a Pub League spreadsheet if Dem Bladves wobble ... Although I'm sure he'd be heartbroken if they miss out. 

3 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

In the car home on Saturday four of us were discussing the play off spots. 

I think Leeds will drop out

My son thinks Reading will miss out

My dad thinks Huddersfield will miss out

My dads mate thinks it will stay as it is.

im always glass half full (I still believe we will push the top two very close and finish third).  The other three are glass half full (at a push on a good day).  I'm reassured none of the pessimists think we will drop out of the play offs.  

I love Big Ds efforts. It would be great to see me proven right (re Leeds) and monitor it in glorious Big D spreadsheet techni vision. 

Id equally love him to do a Pub League spreadsheet if Dem Bladves wobble ... Although I'm sure he'd be heartbroken if they miss out. 

Hopefully your dad's mate was driving, right?

9 minutes ago, jayzman said:

that is some run-in for Norwich.  could do with them being in the hunt by the end of March so they take points off Reading Fulham and Leeds...

Their home record is superb, so they will hopefully take points off Fulham and Reading.

But Away they are a completely different team, and I can't see them stopping Leeds taking three points.

Fulham have very difficult away games to come. Can only really see them beating Toytown there. Their home games are pretty easy though. If we can take 16 points from the last 30 available we will be there, which saying we are averaging 1.72 points per game should be more than achievable.

We've 9 games left, and over any 9 game spell this season the stats i make it are as follows.

the least points gained is 13pts twice, with 14pts 7times, 15pts once, 16pts 7times, 17pts 5 times, 18pts 5 times, 19pts once and the most 20pts once.

The mean average of this is a little over 16pts, with the most frequent being 14pts & 16pts and the median amount is 16pts.

Based on this we should achieve another 16pts taking us to 78pts in total.

Better than last year but would it be enough this?

With the games left its tough for Preston n Norwich but think Fulham going to push us all the way. Sure they will beat Blackburn on tues n puts them in driving seat. Confidence will be high n ours may drop if drop out of playoffs. 

By sat teatime we could be 4 pts behind them. Scary stuff 

3 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

With the games left its tough for Preston n Norwich but think Fulham going to push us all the way. Sure they will beat Blackburn on tues n puts them in driving seat. Confidence will be high n ours may drop if drop out of playoffs. 

By sat teatime we could be 4 pts behind them. Scary stuff 

We need to focus on overtaking Reading now. They've lost momentum, whereas Fulham are on a crest of a wave. 

On 13/03/2017 at 05:32, WAWAW said:

We've 9 games left, and over any 9 game spell this season the stats i make it are as follows.

the least points gained is 13pts twice, with 14pts 7times, 15pts once, 16pts 7times, 17pts 5 times, 18pts 5 times, 19pts once and the most 20pts once.

The mean average of this is a little over 16pts, with the most frequent being 14pts & 16pts and the median amount is 16pts.

I'm more "conservative" and would have pulled 15pts out as most likely. I do think that's enough. And that's a handful more points than last season but in real terms I think this is a tougher league so I'm happy enough with that improvement. 

...we still have a shot at autos though right?

On 12/03/2017 at 19:32, WAWAW said:

not sure 16 points will be enough.. can see Reading and leeds getting at least 15 points and Fulham at least 20