Championship Run-in 2016-2017

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I'd like to go into Fullham game knowing we were secure. So a win is a must (or Leeds not win) this weekend. 

Would be great! We could then rest players vs Fulham and Hillsborough would be a party atmosphere and hopefully give the players an extra buzz for the play-offs.

I'm predicting both Leeds and Wednesday to draw, which will be good enough for us. But I also thought Wolves would win comfortably last night, so what do I know?! lol

7 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Has anyone considered that Reading may miss out. Very unlikely but surprised that no one has suggested it. Unless I have missed it.

They were 100/1 before last weekends fixtures, seemed ridiculously good value to me

14 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Has anyone considered that Reading may miss out. Very unlikely but surprised that no one has suggested it. Unless I have missed it.

There is a reason for that...

6 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

They were 100/1 before last weekends fixtures, seemed ridiculously good value to me

And this is the reason! It's not going to happen!

For Reading to miss out, they have to fail to take a point against Wigan and Burton. Leeds would have to take 6 points against Norwich and Wigan. Fulham would need 3 points vs Brentford or Wednesday. Wednesday would need 1 point vs Ipswich or Fulham.

Whilst Fulham and Wednesday are capable of getting the points they require for Reading to miss out, the chances of Leeds picking up maximum points in their final two games and Reading picking up nothing is pretty slim.

Reading will get the point they need on Saturday at home to Wigan - and if they don't, I'll bare my backside on the Town Hall steps!

Looking at the fixtures i would say us being away at Ipswich is the toughest this weekend, all other teams still fighting for play offs are at home (think home advantage can count for a lot). Really hope we can get it sorted this weekend and it doesn't all come down to the Fulham game, I don't think my heart could take it. 

Edited by WalthamOwl