Championship Run-in 2016-2017

On 06/02/2017 at 01:00, BIG D said:

Another one for anyone who's interested. Our W D L records from this and last season.

Definitely better against teams at the top and bottom so far.

Season Record.jpg

This table is very interesting to me. Indicates that (to this point at least) we are improved on last season even if the spectacle hasn't looked quite so nice. Hey @BIG D can you share this file?

Edited by themaskedowl

9 minutes ago, themaskedowl said:

This table is very interesting to me. Indicates that (to this point at least) we are improved on last season even if the spectacle hasn't looked quite so nice. Hey @BIG D can you share this file?

Just tried to message you @BIG D but says you can't receive messages. ?inbox full probably as a result of this thread. 

The more I look at this IF we could take 9 points from the next 3 we are going to be back in the mix.

We would then have 3 home games and only 1 away in March.

Sat 25th Feb weekend is huge followed by Brighton v Newcastle  on the Tuesday.

Although I'm in the no chance of top 2 camp that ship has sailed etc, I can't help but dream we get back in the hunt over the next 7 games.

I personally don't think top two is out of the question. It would take a hell of a run from us but it's far from impossible. 

We have proved our defense can keep it tight, and although not firing on all cylinders we have the fire power to score. 

With a a bit of luck and an injection of confidence there's no reason why we couldn't start to worry those above us. 

Once they are under pressure anything could happen, just hope we start to gain momentum now both on and off the pitch. Need to be cheering through the poor or boring play like at wembly, let the team know we're with them and hopefully scare the death out of half these tin pot clubs we face! 

Burnley's run to an automatic promotion last season started from just about the same position we were in a couple of games ago. Granted , the top six this season are all better teams than last season, IMO, But it ain't impossible for us to get into the top two. And I ain't heard no fat lady singing yet lol 

1 hour ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Burnley's run to an automatic promotion last season started from just about the same position we were in a couple of games ago. Granted , the top six this season are all better teams than last season, IMO, But it ain't impossible for us to get into the top two. And I ain't heard no fat lady singing yet lol 

Susan Boyle was on the radio this morning, singing "Its Impossible".

Not sure if there was a hidden message.

1 hour ago, cognacbarnowl said:

You think the teams currently occupying 3rd to 6th (Reading, udders, Leeds ) are better then Hull, Brighton and Derby last year? No chance.

we ain't getting into the the top two because Brighton and Newcastle aren't dropping enough points and we arguably have the toughest run in at the end of season.

4 minutes ago, theflyingowl said:

You think the teams currently occupying 3rd to 6th (Reading, udders, Leeds ) are better then Hull, Brighton and Derby last year? No chance.

Agree with you there, last season we had to beat Brighton and Hull to win the playoffs. Brighton need no explanation and Hull were a team of premier league players.  I'd much rather the challenge of playing Reading, Huddersfield or Leeds this year, as it stands at the moment. 

Edited by Southie_Owl