The Owls vs Huddersfield. Official Matchday Thread.

Had a bad feeling about this one for a few days now. An air of positivity on here, a chance to open up a gap between the team below us, the need to win to keep pace and close the gap on a team above us. All points to a loss for us in my opinion. The Wednesday Ive supported for 40 years lose these games. I'm hoping we are a different beast today. We need a run of wins to give us a chance of finishing at least in the top 6. This league is mental, the team that has some consistency will be the one that does OK. Look at the scrubbers from up the M1 recently, we need that kind of form. 

Today we lose I'm afraid. Possibly by 2 or 3. God I hope I'm wrong. 

Hopefully as always on matchday and going for 2-1

Not sure we'll see Winall today as he needs time to adjust to our 'brand' of football.

Either way, I just hope there isn't another meltdown from the fanbase if we do draw / lose...it was embarrassing last week and clearly filtered through to the club as they felt the need to defend recent performances. Time to keep positive and support the club now it is a bit clearer we are doing good business and developing in the right way.

UTO

1 minute ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Not sure we'll see Winall today as he needs time to adjust to our 'brand' of football.

Reyt Sam, get thi sen up top an' evry time ball cums ti thi stick it int' net.

Right that's him sorted.

1-0 win to us, Forestieri with his usual goal against Huddersfield

Westwood                    

Hunt        Lees          Loovens         Reach 

Mac         Hutch         Bannan       Forestieri

Winnall       Fletcher

We're going to persist with this 4-4-2, certainly for the time being. Let's have a balance, let's have two strikers that are capable in the air, Forestieri running at the opposites from deep and drifting to cause problems, and most importantly a really attacking attitude. Will no doubt be a tough game, but a win here will help create a small points gap between us in sixth and whoever's seventh. At home, we need to go for it. We got this. 

Edited by StudentOwl

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.

It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

From the first minute Wednesday. From the first minute. At them!!

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Westwood                    

Winnall       Fletcher

We're going to persist with this 4-4-2, certainly for the time being. Let's have a balance, let's have two strikers that are capable in the air, Forestieri running at the opposites from deep and drifting to cause problems, and most importantly a really attacking attitude. Will no doubt be a tough game, but a win here will help create a small points gap between us in sixth and whoever's seventh. At home, we need to go for it. We got this. 

That side would lose . 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed

It reminds me of a Canadian mate.

Me "If you come across a bear and it chases you how fast do you need to run"

Him  "Slightly faster than your friend"

Same with the gazelle, it doesn't need to be faster than the lion, just faster than the slowest gazelle.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

It reminds me of a Canadian mate.

Me "If you come across a bear and it chases you how fast do you need to run"

Him  "Slightly faster than your friend"

Same with the gazelle, it doesn't need to be faster than the lion, just faster than the slowest gazelle.

Chris Sedgwick would be lion fodder then.

30 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Westwood                    

Winnall       Fletcher

I really hope he goes with that team.

Huddersfield press all the way up the pitch - the key to beating them is having a few players that can beat a man.

I could live with Pudil being in for Winnall. Reach moving up and FF upfront - I think CC is more likely to go for that.

If we start with Wallace on the right (and possibly even Bannan on the left), I'll be ready for the usual turgid display that we may or may not rescue with second half substitutions.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Either way, I just hope there isn't another meltdown from the fanbase if we do draw / lose...it was embarrassing last week and clearly filtered through to the club as they felt the need to defend recent performances. Time to keep positive and support the club now it is a bit clearer we are doing good business and developing in the right way.

UTO

If he picks a positive team and they play with tempo - people will accept it.

If he doesn't see the bleedin' obvious resulting in second half substitutions to the team everybody else knows should have started - cue Owlstalk meltdown lol