The Owls vs Huddersfield. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest domSWFC
2 minutes ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

Wallace.  Always Wallace. 

Surely MM has to be fully fit and a better option.  

McMannaman is a lot more direct, and positive. But no one can deny Wallace is the big game player. Always steps up on a big occasion. 

5 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

McMannaman is a lot more direct, and positive. But no one can deny Wallace is the big game player. Always steps up on a big occasion. 

Maybe used to, but was subbed after doing nothing in play off final and not done much since, waste of a sub we need macca to get 90 min fit.

Not sure about pudil either, we lack pace with those 2 being partly why

Edited by Ash77

3 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I like Wallace but I just see MM as a clear upgrade and the proper attacking winger we've been desperate for.

And he'd compliment the contrasting style of Reach, too.  As it is we have two 'wingers' who can't really stretch a defence or take the fullback on.  This make us one dimensional as we've seen the past two games. 

As much as I do like CC and respect where he's taken us, it just seems ironic this year that we've got a Portuguese coach who seems more English than Sam Allardyce sometimes! 

Guest domSWFC
Just now, Owl_in_Oz said:

I like Wallace but I just see MM as a clear upgrade and the proper attacking winger we've been desperate for.

And he'd compliment the contrasting style of Reach, too.  As it is we have two 'wingers' who can't really stretch a defence or take the fullback on.  This make us one dimensional as we've seen the past two games. 

As much as I do like CC and respect where he's taken us, it just seems ironic this year that we've got a Portuguese coach who seems more English than Sam Allardyce sometimes! 

I'm not disagreeing. I'd like to see McMannaman start. But you can see why Carlos starts Wallace in the big games. He's not having a great season, but he's still capable. If it's not working, take him off at half time. Give Macca time to make an impact.

What all our new signings aren't playing? 

Im calling Owlstalk meltdown if we don't win with a side order of Carlos out.

that said I'm a little surprised macca doesn't start but I'm guessing he's not quite ready I'm sure he will feature looked a real live wire at Middlesbrough when he came on 

Guest domSWFC

Obviously it's a big game today. But we have less pressure on us now. We can only look up today, we can't drop out of the play offs after todays result. 

I'd like to see us play with freedom, and be positive and atatcking. We lose, we are in the same position, we win and we are right back in the mix. If there's ever a game for us to go for it, and make a statement today is that day. 

Let's make some noise. Come on Wednesday! UTO

Guest domSWFC
2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Anonymous against Hull when it really mattered.

Id have started with Macmanaman but this is CC in a nutshell .. we get quality in yet he generally sticks to his favourites.

Wouldn't have been playing Hull without him though. He's starting, like it or not. He's wearing a Wednesday shirt, support him.