The Owls vs Huddersfield. Official Matchday Thread.

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Ff out wide reach out

Winnall up top with fletcher 

macca in Wallace out

would be my choice

Mine too, but Wallace is a good winger if allowed to play wide. Unfortunately he seems to be told to tuck in this season.

Heres hoping he plays wide.

Just now, domSWFC said:

Wouldn't have been playing Hull without him though. He's starting, like it or not. He's wearing a Wednesday shirt, support him. 

I was expressing an opinion, not withdrawing my support for the team or the players.

I want the best players in the shirt who I feel will have the best chance of securing a result.  

I thought that was pretty obvious

7 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Anonymous against Hull when it really mattered.

Id have started with Macmanaman but this is CC in a nutshell .. we get quality in yet he generally sticks to his favourites.

What if (radical thought) it was a really tight game and CM came on in second half to run at them with fresh legs. 

7 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Anonymous against Hull when it really mattered.

Id have started with Macmanaman but this is CC in a nutshell .. we get quality in yet he generally sticks to his favourites.

To be fair the same applied to most of the team that day.

Having to swap my seat on th Kop for a seat at my laptop as I'm nursing a raging chest infection.... totally pissed off and will have to put up with WPs intermittant sevice..... we are overdue a performance at home, so let's hope that the extra competition for places gives the much needed kick up the rear end.... would be good if the crowd can play a part too, that is also long overdue! Terrific MDT again Pauli... whtever it is that you are on, I want some! :stuwinky:

I agree with Carlos you can't just throw players in. It affects team spirit, he needs to take his chance as soon as it arrives. He doesn't even have to score but he needs to do more than Fletcher when he replaces him. Which I think he will. Good to have the options though.

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

What if (radical thought) it was a really tight game and CM came on in second half to run at them with fresh legs. 

To me that's over thinking it.  You wouldn't bench Ronaldo so he could run at the defence with fresh legs in the 2nd half.  I know CM isn't Ronaldo but...

Imo you pick your best players from the start as you want them to play as many minutes as possible.  

Edited by Owl_in_Oz

26 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

So......sameo...sameo.........come on Carlos start with a winning line up for a change.......can see us chasing the game again with changes too late

1. People didn't like rotation last season.

2. No such thing as a winning line up until after the match...

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Our squad is just ridiculously huge. 

If i were D.C. I'd be telling Carlos his first priority is to take 10 players off the wage bill. 

This is becoming a big problem IMO - The more we sign, the harder it seems to get  for CC to pick a balanced side.

Real pressure now - DC has backed him in the Jan transfers and he needs to start to get the team to perform to its potential. 

I agree the wage bill must be astronomical - it's bonkers - we have to start shifting some players on.

If Wallace would tek a few pot shots like last year it would cheer me up. This line up is obsessed with "perfect goal" seeking syndrome. Hit the bluddy thing!

Meanwhile fletcher works hard but let's face it -he scores less often than Nuhiu. Lovable but not scary. 

Am by nature a clapper but Would settle for 0-0 right now.