Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

No one on here knows how close we are to FFP. If we get the opportunity to sign the best forward at this level then we should trust the owner and grab it with both hands.

I keep hearing the 'no service' argument and it makes no sense whatsoever because we have already brought in McManaman in and we are obviously after another midfielder.

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

No one on here knows how close we are to FFP. If we get the opportunity to sign the best forward at this level then we should trust the owner and grab it with both hands.

I keep hearing the 'no service' argument and it makes no sense whatsoever because we have already brought in McManaman in and we are obviously after another midfielder.

Rhodes would not be the only signing for sure ,big clear out needed too. Wonder if someone offered silly money for Hirst,would DC sell to finance signings always possible I guess.

2 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Rhodes would not be the only signing for sure ,big clear out needed too. Wonder if someone offered silly money for Hirst,would DC sell to finance signings always possible I guess.

If silly money (in our favour) is offered for any player it would make sense to sell and reinvest prudently.

Edited by Dagmeister
grammar

26 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'm actually at the point now where, if we sign JR, I will actually question CC's recruitment priorities. Mainly because it doesn't matter who is stood up front (and Rhodes is right up there as far as Championship quality goes) nobody can score goals without the service.

We have the players that can do the job, we just need to give them the confidence, or the permission as far as Carlos is concerned, to go forward more than once every 10 minutes!

Rhodes doesn't need the ball delivering to him on a plate.Hes an all round forward who has all the attributes. 

32 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'm actually at the point now where, if we sign JR, I will actually question CC's recruitment priorities. Mainly because it doesn't matter who is stood up front (and Rhodes is right up there as far as Championship quality goes) nobody can score goals without the service.

We have the players that can do the job, we just need to give them the confidence, or the permission as far as Carlos is concerned, to go forward more than once every 10 minutes!

Wish I could find those stats which seemed to suggest our players were creating more than enough chances, we just weren't converting them, hopefully Winnall will solve that problem.

5 minutes ago, Tudders said:

Rhodes doesn't need the ball delivering to him on a plate.Hes an all round forward who has all the attributes. 

I have udders and boro mates who say exactly the opposite.

Feed him and he scores, but he is absolutely not self-sufficient.

Just over a week to see if anyone matches Boro's asking price (highly doubt it).

If not, he'll end up on loan, possibly with a view to a permanent deal depending on how things go.

I do hope he chooses a good club to go on loan to, one where he can settle down, and feel part of the family, get a regular game etc. 

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Just over a week to see if anyone matches Boro's asking price (highly doubt it).

If not, he'll end up on loan, possibly with a view to a permanent deal depending on how things go.

I do hope he chooses a good club to go on loan to, one where he can settle down, and feel part of the family, get a regular game etc. 

I'm certain he will, he has good advisers............and his Dad of course.

Edited by Owlinmad

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

And exactly who is this David Jenkins?

Another one of those self acclaimed former football agents. Seems to have 49k followers but mostly footie fans hanging on his every word.

If he is a former footballer, logic suggests it would be the David Jenkins who played for Spurs and Arsenal - who apparently is now a furniture salesman in Bristol, according to a Spurs fans' database of former players entitled "Where Are They Now?"