Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

4 hours ago, shez owl said:

Reading his other tweets today , Derby are hoping to sign Bakary Sako from palace. Now he is exactly what we need ........ a powerful box to box midfielder. 

Edited by S36 OWL

If I was negotiating, it would be 5 Million up front. 4 Million if we go up this season. 

With the addition that if we don't go up this year, either 22 goals or promotion would grant them 2.5 million. So 7.5 total.

They would surely take that? 

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think it would more likely be structured along the lines of £4/5m + £1.5m after x amount of appearances, with a further £1.5m if we're promoted in the next 2 years, and possibly a sell on clause too.

You're right of course, I was just too lazy to go into detail and breakdowns of different add one.

4 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Even without any transfer fee RM, and he would cost a minimum 6-7 million IMO, will be on wages higher than SF so no thanks! 

Villa paid £12m for McCormack from Fulham, cant see anyone paying anywhere near that for a 30year old. 6-7 million would still be too much, I think Rhodes is 25/26 years old. In his prime.

Would it be worth spending the money required for Rhodes given that the best we can realistically hope for is the play offs ?.

Imo we should have enough to reach the play offs in the current squad , so if we accept we're not going to make up 12-13 points on the top two would we in effect be bringing a top player in to make the difference in the play offs.

21 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Reading his other tweets today , Derby are hoping to sign Bakary Sako from palace. Now he is exactly what we need ........ a powerful box to box midfielder. 

Agreed, we don't make alot of chances.

Would love to get afew out of our club, like Buckley, McGugan, Semedo to sign Bakary Sako!

40 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

If I was negotiating, it would be 5 Million up front. 4 Million if we go up this season. 

With the addition that if we don't go up this year, either 22 goals or promotion would grant them 2.5 million. So 7.5 total.

They would surely take that? 

Theyve already turned down better offers

From Sky Sports tonight

20:08

BIDS FOR RHODES

Middlesbrough have had two bids for striker Jordan Rhodes, according to Sky sources.

It is understood one was from Sheffield Wednesday while AstonVilla boss Steve Bruce has indicated their interest has now cooled. 

It is thought Boro are after upwards of £9m for Rhodes.

I am the only one who thinks signing him is a big mistake ? Who do you play him with up front ?

The knock on effect of us getting him is you either play him and FF up front, or him and Hooper or him and Winnall. If you do, where does FF play, because you are not leaving him out of the starting line up.

If we are to match Boro's asking price, surely it would be more prudent to try and invest in a CB and CM, where we are light in replacements, rather than bringing in another striker, taking our strikers upto 7 in total.

Just now, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

I am the only one who thinks signing him is a big mistake ? Who do you play him with up front ?

The knock on effect of us getting him is you either play him and FF up front, or him and Hooper or him and Winnall. If you do, where does FF play, because you are not leaving him out of the starting line up.

If we are to match Boro's asking price, surely it would be more prudent to try and invest in a CB and CM, where we are light in replacements, rather than bringing in another striker, taking our strikers upto 7 in total.

I'm with you, far too many up top.