Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Another one of those self acclaimed former football agents. Seems to have 49k followers but mostly footie fans hanging on his every word.

If he is a former footballer, logic suggests it would be the David Jenkins who played for Spurs and Arsenal - who apparently is now a furniture salesman in Bristol, according to a Spurs fans' database of former players entitled "Where Are They Now?"

http://www.mehstg.com/whereare.htm

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I have udders and boro mates who say exactly the opposite.

Feed him and he scores, but he is absolutely not self-sufficient.

If you look at our past few games,we have had plenty of chances but havnt been able to tuck them away.There were several times even in the Brighton game where the ball was bouncing loose in the box.I just think JR could convert some of those and be the difference.

I've watched Rhodes goals and he scores from all types of opportunities. I think people are short sighted in thinking he won't score just because they dont see us having the wingers to whip balls in for him.

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Another one of those self acclaimed former football agents. Seems to have 49k followers but mostly footie fans hanging on his every word.

If he is a former footballer, logic suggests it would be the David Jenkins who played for Spurs and Arsenal - who apparently is now a furniture salesman in Bristol, according to a Spurs fans' database of former players entitled "Where Are They Now?"

So you could say he was a Chairman.

If DC is happy to spend going on 9m on Rhodes, plus his massive wages thats brilliant. . If he is willing to spend that kind of money to try and get promoted we should all be over the moon. He wouldnt do it if it was going to put the club at financial risk . In DC we trust. 

IF Rhodes does sign, god knows how we will line up. But one thing that is for certain , it will mean the end for Dave and Joao . 

Do we actually need him? If we create lots of chances I'm pretty sure the likes of Hooper and Winnal have enough pedigree about them to convert them. What really would he offer us more than we have? His and Hoopers record are similar, age not to different. I would not be upset if he doesn't come.

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If DC is happy to spend going on 9m on Rhodes, plus his massive wages thats brilliant. . If he is willing to spend that kind of money to try and get promoted we should all be over the moon. He wouldnt do it if it was going to put the club at financial risk . In DC we trust. 

IF Rhodes does sign, god knows how we will line up. But one thing that is for certain , it will mean the end for Dave and Joao . 

DC said whatever it takes.