Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

"It is also understood that there was a last-minute discussion about whether the transfer would be a permanent deal from the outset, or an initial loan that would be converted into a permanent switch in the summer."

So we agree a fee, have a medical, then start weeing about again with little time left? 

Just now, Pacifier said:

"It is also understood that there was a last-minute discussion about whether the transfer would be a permanent deal from the outset, or an initial loan that would be converted into a permanent switch in the summer."

So we agree a fee, have a medical, then start weeing about again with little time left? 

How do you know it is us weeing about might have been Boro.

3 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Whoever it is messing about, us or Boro it really is pathetic to chance the type of deal at the last minute. 

18 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

This is a good point.

How can managers talk to new players when they have a match to prepare / run.

It will be OK. This has happened in the past and they have let them through

That new Southampton strimer said he hadn't even spoke to the manager but knew he had seen him play so knew it was the right move. :wacko:

I'd probably be quite irritated if, for example, Leeds had signed him with completion after the deadline and he scored the winner against us in the playoff final.

Everyone calling for common sense has a point, but the FL/PL can't just ignore the deadline if it was missed. Big can of worms. 

I havent been this disappointed since the day i thought id pulled a worldie on Plenty Of Fish only to meet her and she had gut like Steve Evans 

1 hour ago, Stainless1983 said:

With the million & one threads open about this I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm going to copy it into each relevant thread.

Ive read the handbook & rules regarding which are absolute bobbar. It simply says transfers have to be done within the window & where they are not it is up to the league to do one of two things:

1. Not allow the transfer

2. Allow it of which they 'can'also place restrictions on the player & new team (the choice word being can which means they don't have to)

The rules do not give any indication as to whose responsibility it is to get the paperwork across. 

We had until 11pm to submit a deal sheet (summary) signed by both parties. This would then have given us 2 further hours to complete the rest making the deadline become 1am. 

It appears swfc & JR have signed it then sent it to Boro who have possibly failed to get it across to the league in time. The real paperwork presumably was completed afterwards and before the 1am deadline as the concerns were announced before 1am.

So the question the league will be looking at is whether to allow the deadline extension.

We we will be able to prove what time we sent the deal sheet to Boro on time. In theory we & the player have done nothing wrong.

Boro did not prioritise the deal sheet because they were busy with Guedioura & only finished his paperwork 3mins before deadline of 11pm. This could be argued as an extenuating circumstance.

There are 3 previous cases:

Arshavin to Arsenal. This is the closest case to ours & was allowed despite concerns over the timing of paperwork. The agent gave an interview afterwards which stated Zenit sent Arsenal a one word email saying "agreed" 8 seconds before the deadline. If that is true then there is no way they would have had the deal sheet in on time. But the premier league still allowed the transfer.

Van der Vart to Spurs. On this occasion Spurs did not get their paperwork in on time but they were able to argue they'd had a technical issue & provided proof of this.

De Gea to Madrid. MU allegedly sent paperwork to RM but not giving enough time for RM to submit it. MU denied this saying RM had enough time. La Liga are apparently extremely strict so they refused the transfer.

SWFC have done nothing wrong. The league will most likely allow the transfer because it wasn't dramatically late. Yes they can put restrictions on SWFC & JR but will they really punish the team & player who did no wrong? No I don't think so. JR will also have the PFA supporting his case. 

From someone close to the process... 

It will be OK. The guy at boro caused this issue by being a complete nob'ead but common sense from the meeting later expected. Chill. He's our player. 

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I can't see it being allowed as it will set a precedent for clubs in the future. It really is shocking that the paperwork wasn't entered in time when everyone knew when the deadline was. 

A  previous poster in this thread has given examples in the past of clubs in similar circustances being allowed to sign the player.  Just have to await the meeting, stay positive its far from over.  Hopefully SWFC have being working long into the night ready to present their case.

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

A  previous poster in this thread has given examples in the past of clubs in similar circustances being allowed to sign the player.  Just have to await the meeting, stay positive its far from over.  Hopefully SWFC have being working long into the night ready to present their case.

Yup. It was @Stainless1983

4 minutes ago, Holmes said:

They were to prem clubs tho, who knows how strict the efl is

last thing I heard / read / dreamt at fecking 3am ( this bl*ody club will kill me me one day) was that it was Boro that may have messed up due to them trying to get another deal over the line 

IMO the league are crazy to arrange fixtures on the self imposed cliff edge of a day 

It's ok saying well we had a month lots of deals depend on others which naturally means it's a domino fall at 10.30 

look I didnt want Rhodes, I believe we've messed up recruitment again,  but if this deal means we have a extremely expensive player on mega wages and we can't play him it's a  ludicrous situation and I'd have to take this to the courts 

6 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

I'm with you.  Not sure why, but I don't see any issue with this not being confirmed this morning. 

I'm with you on this, probably waiting for Carlos and Co to get back from Bristol, photos etc and announce then 

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

Don't go to bed so late if it makes you grumpy.

So if the EFL have never done this before why do you assume it won't go in our favour?

Ooooh year 6 comebacks

Never said it won't go in our favour. I want Rhodes to sign for us, was arguing his case with my friends all day yesterday. Just don't want to get my hopes up again for them to be shattered.