Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

Just now, steelowl said:

We should have had you doing the paper work you're used to Jan 31 dramas I'm sure 

Ha everything filed tax return wise by 3.30pm yesterday, even went for a haircut at lunch time. No last minute mess ups here

We just turned the fax machine off

Just now, Geosword said:

Waiting for ratification!! 

Not heard that one in a while. 

I'll be ratifying the wife tonight if the deal finally goes through

For those saying it would set a dangerous precedent to allow the transfer im not sure that's really the case as both clubs clearly wanted to get the deal done by the deadline. And it seems Boro may have missed it by a few minutes. Granted if it was an hour or more it shouldn't be allowed but there needs to be some common sense applied here. It's hardly like either club has cheated if the paperwork was sent at 11.05pm. Teams in the future aren't going to say, don't worry about sending the paperwork now we can wait and send it at 11.05pm like Boro did last year. 

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

For those saying it would set a dangerous precedent to allow the transfer im not sure that's really the case as both clubs clearly wanted to get the deal done by the deadline. And it seems Boro may have missed it by a few minutes. Granted if it was an hour or more it shouldn't be allowed but there needs to be some common sense applied here. It's hardly like either club has cheated if the paperwork was sent at 11.05pm. Teams in the future aren't going to say, don't worry about sending the paperwork now we can wait and send it at 11.05pm like Boro did last year. 

No, but a team who missed it could argue that it was allowed at 11.05, so why not 11.10? And then why not 11.15?

And so on.

That's why there's a deadline.

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

No, but a team who missed it could argue that it was allowed at 11.05, so why not 11.10? And then why not 11.15?

And so on.

That's why there's a deadline.

Because there comes a point when clubs would just be taking the p**s. From what we've been told I don't think Boro or us have done that. We're talking about one deal that has just failed to get sent before the deadline. Like I say I don't think clubs or a business would risk not getting things done within a deadline in future, just because one deal in the past was completed at 11.05.  But we shall see what they decide!