Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

1 hour ago, Johnr1996 said:

Seen a lot of places/people reporting that we had everything at our end done on time. I'm hoping that if we can prove it, that's enough.

The problem is if Boro did there bit I think. 

Karwanka speaking about Rhodes when he thought a move to Hillsborough had gone through, he said: “My message is to wish him all the best because his attitude this year, in every training session and in every minute he has played for this club, has been amazing."

That is is an excellent reference from a manager who didn't care for JR that much. 

It'll be sorted in morning. Don't Panic. WAWAW!

well...had a bit of everything for the whole family this thread (apart from confirming Jordan actually signing).

Bingo

Sing songs

Chili imbibed needles inserted width ways up the *ahem*

Matchday updates

Hayley

Crazy times. Anyway, think I'm gonna check out for now and be back later to see if the air is any clearer.

goodbyegif.gif

oh, just one more thing. Does anyone else think it's strange that we could get Rhodes (almost) for 10 million while Villa have bought an alternate for 15 million (or is that figure not accurate)? JR must have not wanted to go to Villa after all as it seems they had the cash to get him in if they really wanted to. Maybe money isn't the only thing to consider (not that I ever thought it was).

8 minutes ago, themaskedowl said:

I always got the feeling Rhodes would prefer a move to us, regarding money CC said in his post match interview that's it's no where near 10million (absoloutely sure) and in today's star it's being reported that it's a loan deal we were trying to complete last night, I really don't know what to believe anymore

Edited by s6 owl

27 minutes ago, themaskedowl said:

oh, just one more thing. Does anyone else think it's strange that we could get Rhodes (almost) for 10 million while Villa have bought an alternate for 15 million (or is that figure not accurate)? JR must have not wanted to go to Villa after all as it seems they had the cash to get him in if they really wanted to. Maybe money isn't the only thing to consider (not that I ever thought it was).

If I start to think along those lines I end up wondering if the deal was sabotaged. Unlikely, I agree though I do think we were his preference. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome. 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

I always got the feeling Rhodes would prefer a move to us, regarding money CC said in his post match interview that's it's no where near 10million (absoloutely sure) and in today's star it's being reported that it's a loan deal we were trying to complete last night, I really don't know what to believe anymore

I guess it's a 10million "deal", which could easily mean including add ons etc but really there's so much bull that gets pedalled around at this time nobody really knows (maybe not even those signing the deals).

Edited by themaskedowl

What I've heard is that he is our player but because deadline missed we can't play him until next season.that surely can't be right .either way we should be told why it didn't go through if it didn't .just nothing ever comes out of Carlos 's mouth about targets .and nothing whatsoever from club . You get more info out of North Korea .

With the million & one threads open about this I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm going to copy it into each relevant thread.

Ive read the handbook & rules regarding which are absolute bobbar. It simply says transfers have to be done within the window & where they are not it is up to the league to do one of two things:

1. Not allow the transfer

2. Allow it of which they 'can'also place restrictions on the player & new team (the choice word being can which means they don't have to)

The rules do not give any indication as to whose responsibility it is to get the paperwork across. 

We had until 11pm to submit a deal sheet (summary) signed by both parties. This would then have given us 2 further hours to complete the rest making the deadline become 1am. 

It appears swfc & JR have signed it then sent it to Boro who have possibly failed to get it across to the league in time. The real paperwork presumably was completed afterwards and before the 1am deadline as the concerns were announced before 1am.

So the question the league will be looking at is whether to allow the deadline extension.

We we will be able to prove what time we sent the deal sheet to Boro on time. In theory we & the player have done nothing wrong.

Boro did not prioritise the deal sheet because they were busy with Guedioura & only finished his paperwork 3mins before deadline of 11pm. This could be argued as an extenuating circumstance.

There are 3 previous cases:

Arshavin to Arsenal. This is the closest case to ours & was allowed despite concerns over the timing of paperwork. The agent gave an interview afterwards which stated Zenit sent Arsenal a one word email saying "agreed" 8 seconds before the deadline. If that is true then there is no way they would have had the deal sheet in on time. But the premier league still allowed the transfer.

Van der Vart to Spurs. On this occasion Spurs did not get their paperwork in on time but they were able to argue they'd had a technical issue & provided proof of this.

De Gea to Madrid. MU allegedly sent paperwork to RM but not giving enough time for RM to submit it. MU denied this saying RM had enough time. La Liga are apparently extremely strict so they refused the transfer.

SWFC have done nothing wrong. The league will most likely allow the transfer because it wasn't dramatically late. Yes they can put restrictions on SWFC & JR but will they really punish the team & player who did no wrong? No I don't think so. JR will also have the PFA supporting his case. 

The fact 'we've done nothing wrong' is irrelevant. He was either signed in time or he wasn't. If I were Derby, Leeds etc, I'd be checking this. Rhodes makes us a better team and could score the winner in the £200m game.