Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

23 minutes ago, vulva said:

You would hope commonsense would prevail, but this is the FA we are talking about. They could well agree the transfer, but stipulate we have to buy Bernie Slaven as well, and put him in the Kop Band. 

At least that may improve the quality of the band

6 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

No doubt it'll go through and our friends at the lane will say the system is corrupt and biased in our favour...

They're already saying this here at work. 

Reminding us of a couple of players they tried to sign on deadline day but didn't make deadline on time. Something to do with a fax machine. 

Consumer rights

The law protects your consumer rights when you buy goods or services. Find out who to contact for consumer protection advice.

You can get help if you’re treated unfairly or when things go wrong. This includes:

• credit and store cards
  • faulty goods
  • counterfeit goods
  • poor service
  • problems with contracts
  • problems with builders
  • rogue traders

Get help from Citizens Advice about your consumer rights. They can also refer your complaint to local Trading Standards officers who may then investigate on your behalf.

Citizens Advice
0345 404 0506 
0345 404 0505 (Welsh language) 

Worth a shout? :stuwinky:

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

From what I've read it sounds like Boro were late putting their paperwork in? If that's the case they should be punished, maybe they only should receive a 5 million fee :-)

£5 million? After this debacle? £3 million, and they're having our trousers down at that... :stuwinky:

If it was us as the buying club that failed to get their act together in time before the deadline, I could sort of understand the FL saying "tough shitt". But surely as it was the selling club, common sense should prevail here? Although I realise there isn't much of that in football's hierarchy. 

3 hours ago, themaskedowl said:

oh, just one more thing. Does anyone else think it's strange that we could get Rhodes (almost) for 10 million while Villa have bought an alternate for 15 million (or is that figure not accurate)? JR must have not wanted to go to Villa after all as it seems they had the cash to get him in if they really wanted to. Maybe money isn't the only thing to consider (not that I ever thought it was).

Put some perspective on it, £10m for a proven goal scorer at this level. Scunthorpe turned down at least £4m for a League One striker.