Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

Unless boro had last minute regrets about letting him go and did it on purpose then they'll be on our side as well. May come down to what the fa or league etc believes the hold up was. If both the clubs and the player want the move and its a case of minutes over then there's only one thing to stop it happening. Sometimes an organisation will follow the rules to the letter to stop a precedent being set. The league may say tough. 

If that happens then surely he isn't our player. 

If Boro have a legitimate reason for the delay in paperwork then I expect common sense to prevail. And also the fact we have this meeting today kind of says this was the case because otherwise they would have just said no to the transfer last night.

No deal sheet wasn't in on time it says 11.05.

This is what makes me think there are exceptional circumstances as if it was through Boro's negligence it would have been called off already.

9 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Put some perspective on it, £10m for a proven goal scorer at this level. Scunthorpe turned down at least £4m for a League One striker.

Completely mental changes going on re player transfer fees at this level. The only way this could possibly be sustainable is if the clubs suddenly get a lot more money from a TV deal or similar OR if FFP is changed to take the shackles off wealthy owners while still protecting clubs (which is one good thing that FFP should do). I guess then it's a craps shoot to see who can get to the Prem the fastest. Bizarre times.

13 minutes ago, SXOwl said:

So the worst-case scenario is that he's our player, we pay his wages, but he can't play for us until next season because Boro didn't sign the paperwork in time?  

The only circumstances I have ever seen this scenario before is in work permit cases.  

He is ever our player or he is not.

From Sky Sports,

"

RHODES, AMBROSE LATEST

The EFL will go through the paperwork of two late deadline day transfers later today.

Jordan Rhodes’ £10m move from Boro to Sheff Wed and Blackburn’ssigning of Celtic's Efe Ambrose will be assessed.

All the clubs involved are confident the paperwork was completed in time and expect the deals to be ratified this afternoon.

"

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

Is the football league that decide or the premier league? Or neither

It goes to the 8 out of 10 cats panel. 

For what it's worth 

RHODES, AMBROSE LATEST

The EFL will go through the paperwork of two late deadline day transfers later today.

Jordan Rhodes’ £10m move from Boro to Sheff Wed and Blackburn’s signing of Celtic's Efe Ambrose will be assessed.

All the clubs involved are confident the paperwork was completed in time and expect the deals to be ratified this afternoon.

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

I know let's organise some fixtures on deadline day......what could possibly go wrong.

This is a good point.

How can managers talk to new players when they have a match to prepare / run.

It will be OK. This has happened in the past and they have let them through