Adam Reach

Often when we're not playing well (which has been quite often this season) its Reach who you see covering turf and trying to make things happen.

Too many fans treat football like they're playing on a computer game, clinical stats and justifying transfer fees. Quite frankly, some fans need to man up and grow up and actually start supporting the club, the administration and the team.

We've had proven players with pedigree struggle this season, yet we sit in the play-offs with three consecutive wins and three consecutive clean sheets.

You need to spend £5m on players these days just to keep treading water in this league, its 2017 next week yet Wednesday fans remain rooted in the past where its nice and comfy.

Bore off, sick of hearing nothing but negativity.

12 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I am sorry guys but he is never worth even close to £5m in a million years.

He can't beat a man, doesn't score and loses possession when playing midfield.

When he plays at left back he is pretty good going forward because he does have a decent cross and gets more space to deliver - but he can't defend.

Total and utter waste of money.  He be somewhere like Preston or Wigan for most of his career.

neg away

Merry Xmas lol

It seems the Reach is the new target for the boo boys, at least it gives Palmer some respite.

8 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Palmer is dreadful and Bannan not much better at the moment, but we have a thread about Adam Reach. Reach is quality.

Take it you didn't watch the match yesterday then? Bannan had a very good game yesterday driving our midfield and his passing was both accurate and progressive, Palmer was fairly solid as well. At the end of the day we went to the home of a team that's smashing this league's backdoors in and we not only beat them we could have beaten them comfortably on another day if we'd taken our chances better.

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I like Reach. He never goes missing, puts in a shift and adds quality with everything he does. 

He still needs to find that killer instinct in the final third but a goal will bring that. 

Maybe the OP was expecting Ryan Giggs.

Funny you should mention Giggs as I was saying last night to someone how much he reminds me of him. (I mean Giggs late in his career, not the flying winger version!)

Very intelligent player. Reads the game exceptionally well and plays some clever passes. 

The one thing lacking at the moment, as you say, is that killer instinct. But I honestly think that will come when he bags a couple of goals, and when it does we'll have a special player.

25 minutes ago, dan140177 said:

This is another Royston Drenthe "what we signed him for" without seeing him settle in thread. Some of our fans never learn, it's embarrassing.

I saw drenthe "settle in" and still thought "what we signed him for"....as for reach I think he's  a decent player who's made the squad stronger than last season so a decent buy in my book.

11 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Closest thing to petter rudi ive seen, bit lightweight, harmless (0 goals 1 assist?) and lacking pace for a wideman, no wonder we signed him! 

Looks better in middle but not needed there!, good energy and tidy passer.

Very handy utility/squad player at this level i spose, but not a top player in any position, we need a pacy winger

I said the same thing about the Petter Rudi thing in the Rotherham match. It's uncanny :manager:

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I saw drenthe "settle in" and still thought "what we signed him for"....as for reach I think he's  a decent player who's made the squad stronger than last season so a decent buy in my book.

Definitely is, can only see him getting better as well with him being young

36 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Often when we're not playing well (which has been quite often this season) its Reach who you see covering turf and trying to make things happen.

Too many fans treat football like they're playing on a computer game, clinical stats and justifying transfer fees. Quite frankly, some fans need to man up and grow up and actually start supporting the club, the administration and the team.

We've had proven players with pedigree struggle this season, yet we sit in the play-offs with three consecutive wins and three consecutive clean sheets.

You need to spend £5m on players these days just to keep treading water in this league, its 2017 next week yet Wednesday fans remain rooted in the past where its nice and comfy.

Spot on. So far the lad has mainly been played out of position. If everyone gets behind him and builds his confidence, then he could be a tremendous asset IMO. 

12 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I am sorry guys but he is never worth even close to £5m in a million years.

He can't beat a man, doesn't score and loses possession when playing midfield.

When he plays at left back he is pretty good going forward because he does have a decent cross and gets more space to deliver - but he can't defend.

Total and utter waste of money.  He be somewhere like Preston or Wigan for most of his career.

neg away

Merry Xmas lol

For me, you've got this absolutely bang on. Don't want to put a downer on the result and all but he frustrated the life out of me last night. Kept making wrong decision after wrong decision. 

First half, he had the perfect opportunity to get at his defender as he was 1 on 1. All he had to do was knock it on his favoured foot and have a shot. He chose to run the ball into trouble, on to his weaker side no less and ended up losing the ball. 

Everyine raved about him in here after the Barnsley game and I thought he was one of the worst players on the park behind Bannan that night.

He's got the showings of being a really good player but for me, our left hand side is our weak link in the team, don't me started Pudil... 

41 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Who are you?

Just because some people have a different opinion to you... Bore off yourself

Agreed that last night wasn't his best game and for a winger he needs to be a bit more decisive when he's forward with the ball, either to cross or shoot.

But I'm sure Carlos will be working on this and he will be a very good player for us. He was up against one of the best teams in the league too let's not forget 

12 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Lads been covering Pudils Ass all season...give him a break and a bit of confidence and he'll come good

Thats the only problem about Reach last night in the 1st half he most definitely did not cover Pudils arse he left it severely exposed as he has done the last 2 games 

2nd half the team as a whole tightened up and Reach was excellent as was Pudil