Adam Reach

13 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Closest thing to petter rudi ive seen, bit lightweight, harmless (0 goals 1 assist?) and lacking pace for a wideman, no wonder we signed him! 

Looks better in middle but not needed there!, good energy and tidy passer.

Very handy utility/squad player at this level i spose, but not a top player in any position, we need a pacy winger

Said exactly the same thing last night.

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

only thing he seems to be lacking is pace. Got in a few good positions on the brake yesterday but just didn't have the pace to trouble.

Thats true, but I just think he needs to understand that limitation and be more decisive either with crossing earlier or shooting from distance 

Such a ridiculous thread.

The 5 million is the premium you pay these days for potential.

Nobody has suggested he is the finished article yet.

Players improve.

Look at Sam Hutchinson. People now see him as good enough to play midfield at international level. Not many would have said that last season.

As for Reach, he is already plenty good enough to get picked and play intelligently.

Will mature into a prem player. I have no doubt about that.

I think out of all our players, Palmer is judged most harshly.

He is a central midfielder converted to a right back. For that reason, the areas he excels in, are those areas more closely associated with being a CM such as having an eye for a pass.

The areas that he is weak in are dribbling and shooting. 

That said, his first touch preceding his chance was excellent. He just needed to maintain his composure after that touch instead of thinking "**** I'm gonna score ! I'm gonna score! Oh shlt"

Edited by Beholder

18 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think out of all our players, Palmer is judged most harshly.

He is a central midfielder converted to a right back. For that reason, the areas he excels in, are those areas more closely associated with being a CM such as having an eye for a pass.

The areas that he is weak in are dribbling and shooting. 

That said, his first touch preceding his chance was excellent. He just needed to maintain his composure after that touch instead of thinking "**** I'm gonna score ! I'm gonna score! Oh shlt"

He plays as a right back and he should be judged as a right back 

the thing with Palmer is he's generally solid but then just switches off at critical moments