Adam Reach

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Of course.

That doesn't negate all Lee's performances.

Anyway, I don't need to defend Lee.

If you don't see it, I'm not gonna waste my time. 

The one thing me and thee will always agree on. 

Lee is class. 

He was dreadful in the first half but improved in the second. He seems like a bit of deer in the headlights when he gets into the final third though - he doesn't seem to read the game particularly well (unless it's playing the ball to a full-back on the overlap on the wing).

However he got an excellent engine on him - his work rate is terrific - but if you're paying £5million for a player you're ultimately expecting something more than that. He's not bad, but I think Boro got the better end of the deal.

I think you will find that he is not 100%, that's why we haven't yet seen the best of him.

And a full  Pre-Season  will do him the world of good.

Give him time, couple of years and we might have a good player.

Edited by daleblue

I think his versatility helps, he can play left back, wing and potentially up front too (behind a main striker) which probably adds to his value as you don't need as many squad players.

He is a good player and grafter, but he will ultimately be judged as a winger. So far I don't think he has been confident enough to take on a man and shoot/cross properly. But he has good potential.

Do we have some half wits on here?,Reach is a class performer,he suits us down to the ground ,works hard and can do many jobs.

The OP is a nob,have you actually watched any games since he came here,Carlos has picked virtually every week.

He doesn't have to be a star every game,he knows his job,as do many of our players and just crack on. 

It's a team game ,you know JS.

49 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

Do we have some half wits on here?,Reach is a class performer,he suits us down to the ground ,works hard and can do many jobs.

The OP is a nob,have you actually watched any games since he came here,Carlos has picked virtually every week.

He doesn't have to be a star every game,he knows his job,as do many of our players and just crack on. 

It's a team game ,you know JS.

Ha.

OP is a nob because he has the cheek to say he thinks a Sheffield Wednesday player isn't very good.

On a Sheffield Wednesday Internet forum.

That only exists because people have opinions - that don't agree.

Poster 1 - Wednesday are brill

Postee 2 - Wednesday are reyt good

Poster 3 - Wednesday are brill

Poster 4 - Wednesday are reyt good

What a forum this is. People have different opinions on football, politics, religion and favourite cheeses - it doesn't make them a n0b if that opinion differs to yours.

You n0b lol

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Looks no better than Helan for me. I bet Boro are laughing their arse off. 

I remember you had a right meltdown the night that it looked like Watford were going to pip us to signing Helan. Funny how things work out.

:biggrin:

Very consistent Reach. which is why he keeps getting in the team also his versatility helps. But I still think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg with him at the moment. At this present time the one real flaw he has in his game is his ability in front of goal.

This is something that I think will improve the more we play him further up the pitch and of course a goal will help. 

If he can get amounsted the goals then I am pretty confident that we'll have a cracking player on our hand then, and up there with the best at the club.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I'm starting to come round to Reach.  He works his tail off and covers so much ground.  Is good defensively and can pass.  However, he misses the vital ingredient needed to be a good winger.  He can't go past a man at all.  That's why I find it hard justifying the price we paid for him

21 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I'm starting to come round to Reach.  He works his tail off and covers so much ground.  Is good defensively and can pass.  However, he misses the vital ingredient needed to be a good winger.  He can't go past a man at all.  That's why I find it hard justifying the price we paid for him

Beckham couldn't beat a man and he was one of the greatest players this country has ever had.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Beckham couldn't beat a man and he was one of the greatest players this country has ever had.

Beckham was a right midfielder not a winger.  Good point though.  I guess Reach just isn't a the type of player I thought we were getting.  Is performing well at the moment though.

In the very unlikely event that it was my £5m, I would give a damn, but it wasn't.

I can't care less whether he cost £5m or £5. Is he good enough to be on the team-sheet every week? Easily. 

For me he has slotted right in and looks every inch a player. Carlos seems to agree. To the best of my failing memory he has started as sub once and been subbed at HT once. 

And I think he will get better and better. Of course it's only a guess right now, but I could see him being one of only a few players who could step up to become a Prem regular. How many genuinely left-sided wingers can you name?

Edited by Holmowl

8 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I am sorry guys but he is never worth even close to £5m in a million years.

He can't beat a man, doesn't score and loses possession when playing midfield.

Depends what you do with the body, also When he's 1000023 years you haven't thought about adjusting for inflation rates. 

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Beckham was a right midfielder not a winger.  Good point though.  I guess Reach just isn't a the type of player I thought we were getting.  Is performing well at the moment though.

I would say Reach was more of a midfielder as well if I am honest.

He is there to do a specific job and last night he was pure class. We all want flair excitement and an end product. Last night he and the whole squad put in a proper performance to outwit and quieten the leagues best team.

if you read CCs book you will see exactly what he wants each of them to do...last night they did just that...great performance