Jordan Rhodes, on loan

opular bookmakers BETVICTOR have slashed the odds on Sheffield Wednesday signing Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes, installing them as new 2/1 favourites.

The Scotland international's future has been the subject of intense speculation over this past month, with him seemingly being deemed surplus to requirements at the Riverside, after making just one Premier League start so far this season.

The 26-year-old only joined the Teesside outfit in February of this year, for a fee believed to be in the region of £9 million.

And now BETVICTOR have slashed the odds on the Owls signing Rhodes, making them 2/1 favourites ahead of Aston Villa at 4/1 and Hull City at 5/1.

Wednesday currently sit just inside the play-off spots, ahead of seventh placed Birmingham City only because of a superior goal difference.

Guest Copthorneowl
2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Fair to say Rhodes would have tucked away that Joao chance yesterday. 

I!m also certain he would have tucked the chance away as you say SIJ but would he have been strong or quick enough To get past and hold the two defenders off and get into the position Joao did to get his shot off - personally I'm not sure he would.

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

Fair to say Rhodes would have tucked away that Joao chance yesterday. 

6 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

And Hooper's at Fulham. Big chances at key moments.

You are in for a rude awakening if you think Jordan doesn't miss chances.

If the lad has any sense he won't come anywhere near Hillsborough,imagine missing a sitter in the first game ,the clowns on here will want Carlos sacking ,then we  will have a manager coming in who didn't want him,it would just go on and on.

I've watched him at boro and believe me he is not our saviour,at that price and wages Hooper is a better bet.

49 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Everyone is fawning over a player who Huddersfield had not long ago and who didn't work wonders with Blackburn, and who hasn't found his feet with his current club.

His goals are impressive, but his achievements are not.

His record at Blackburn was very good. Scored over 20 goals a season for 3 seasons running.

i watched the Boro game

today and Rhodes is never going to score lots playing for Mr Negavite Karanka. 

Rhodes was stuck up top on his own whilst Boro stuck 10 men behind the ball and play for the 0-0. Don't think he touched the ball more than a dozen times

Edited by yeadonowl

At end of the day what Jordan wants to do, will be a big factor here. I reckon wages wise we will compete with villa, they will offer to buy him we will want a loan with view to buy at an agreed price.

For boro both will be financially similar, it'll be Jordan who decides.