Jordan Rhodes, on loan

2 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Nobody convinces me Rhodes is what we need we have enough forwards when fit, from what I'm seeing we have been too slow moving the ball from defence to attack giving opposition time to get back into defensive shape. IMO what we need is midfield player who can give and go and get us moving quicker through that area and in addition if Buckley is not the answer, someone playing out wide with pace to give us a plan B.

Dave and Joao never score and hardly play , Fletch isnt prolific and Hooper is in and out of the side. 

Rhodes guarantees goals at this level .  

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Beyond him being calmer in front of goal, are there any other attributes that you think make him better than Hooper? Would you see him forming a partnership with Hooper or playing instead of him?

One thing I've been impressed by with Hooper is his link-up play and wider contribution to our attacking play - some of his little flicks and passes out wide are brilliant at times. Is Rhodes similar in style, or is he very much a penalty-box finisher as others have alluded to?

I think he is better in the air than Hooper and is able to ghost into positions that other players don't think of. I'm not sure if they can play together effectively, but Hooper has got a lot better at being the physical forward and offers more than Rhodes in that regard. But even if you just watch his goals from last season you can see he is slightly different to anyone else we have. 

6 minutes ago, poite said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we signed him and then left him out the squad for entire time.

Seems to be our latest strategy 

Buy talented players and let them rot on the bench so none of our championship rivals get their hands on them

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

We need more than Hooper because when he's injured, the back up players certainly aren't up to scratch.

After today I might have to agree. If we have to give a chance to a kid who is not ready yet and put pressure on him to get us goal. Shows how poor our transfer policy has been.