Sheffield Wednesday or England?

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Ridiculous people saying they don't care about England. They are a joke at the moment but I will always want my country to win . I couldn't give a flying feck about Scotland because bannan plays for them. 

This is half the trouble other countries support their national team, the English come out with guff like this 

so it's the fans fault then ?.

Hello Daniel.lol

Wednesday as I spend 50 days a year watching them but I'd love England to win something also.

People cheering for other teams should be hung for treason bloody traitors it's our country and I want England to win at everything even if that sport doesn't doesn't particular interest me.

It use to be an FA committee that had responsibility for selection. Wednesdayites all, would await the announcement. Springett, Swan were the gime's but could Megson, so deserving, make the squad along with Young, Finney or Fantham. Thatt was the time most, if not all, picks would sweat blood for their country.

Every year we had the Home International tournament, that ran alongside a full league programme...No blank Saturdays then, the only cause of resentment was getting by without Springett and Swan. In fact there was a sardonic sense of humour deployed if England fell on a poor result in the home Internationals. The Scotland game was always a bit special along with the handful of more cosmopolitan International friendlies, with the midweek games often kicking off mid afternoon.

One such game was v Mexico about 62 or 63 I rushed home from school to see the last half hour of an 8-1 Victory. The Home International Just Was, nothing too special it came around every year. The 1962 World Cup was different though very little in terms of instant news. The results would come in via telegraph or Telephone but as for footage ...Spools of TV tape had to make the transatlantic trip before we got to see the edited highlight programme from games played 24 to 30 hours earlier.

Part of what made the World Cup so special was the fact that the game wasn't over exposed as it is today. Even as I write Swindon 1-0 Charlton hardly has me raising an eyebrow but 50 years ago people would have given up their Saturday morning overtime to watch such a game.

But through it all, It's Wednesday first for me. One thing the over exposure can not do is untie all the Family links with the Owls that stretch back at least 175 years and probably more.

In conclusion I would say that the FA, FIFA and EUAFA have made a gigantic Clusterfuck of the Job during the last 30 odd years !

48 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Wednesday as I spend 50 days a year watching them but I'd love England to win something also.

People cheering for other teams should be hung for treason bloody traitors it's our country and I want England to win at everything even if that sport doesn't doesn't particular interest me.

"hung for treason" lol 

I love England as much as Wednesday 

Can't understand people who say they "just support Wednesday"! 

Those that wanted the Jocks to win cus 2 of our players were on the bench......seriously??

England is the pinnacle of our sport.

For 30 years I've been a season ticket holder and I'd love for us win the World Cup. I've seen us promoted, win a trophy and I'd love for my Country to be the best in the world at the sport I love.