Sheffield Wednesday or England?

9 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

The age old debate, would you rather Wednesday get promoted or England win the world cup?

I personally cannot stand watching England, no empathy or connection with the players. Wednesday all day long for me.

Wednesday every time. 

Ive no interest in England or any international team . They just disrupt the domestic fixtures. 

I've seen us win the world cup, on tv at the time. Was at Wembley in 66 for the Everton final. Losing the final had a big effect on me. I was behind the goal where Everton scored 3. Nightmare. England winning WC was exciting but it took a cross-eyed linesman to achieve it. 

Wednesday over England every time ...but a world cup win over promotion to the prem, now if you said wednesday to get in europe, win the league or FA cup etc Wednesday everytime, just not that fussed about being in the prem as a making up the numbers kind of club so world cup trumps that perhaps

Think there's a few similarities about watching England and Wednesday this season. Teams worked out how to play against us. Lots of sideways passing in a predictable manner without any penetration. Manager who doesn't know hia best team... Agree I was more interested to see if Bannan and Fletcher got on as Owls always first and watching England is purgatory

Edited by roll and nilsson

2 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

not watched a England game since svens last game

follow my adopted home nation Wales who are exciting to watch and show real passion

rather watch the pigs than england

Haha 

If we don't get promoted why not switch to Swansea aswell then and be a full weight turncoat. 

20 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

England fans are hypocrites. They boo and slate players say of Chelsea if your a gunner then want a love in if they play for England.

sorry but I couldn't give a flying fek about England national team. I'm Wednesday all the way

I disagree strongly with the hypocrit comment. Fans react to players based on what or who they represent or do.

Guest BULGARIA

Ive seen Wednesday get promotion, it was obviously fantastic but i think many underestimate the amazing feel good factor that would reverberate around the whole country if England won the world cup. I remember being in my office when England got to the semis at Euro 96 and the whole building was on a high for ages... imagine if we actually WON the world cup. I think it would be quite breathtaking.