Sheffield Wednesday or England?

12 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I'd rather Wednesday win a throw in than England win the World Cup! 

Ha ha as I presume you are Scottish (great detective aren't I) I will let you off.

Being Scottish must be like being a Blade.  Always in awe of your bigger, better, classier rival. But to be fair always get good support.

While the Welsh and Northern Ireland are like Rotherham and Barnsley. When they do ok suddenly they seem to get A LOT more fans who have always supported them!?????!!! 

Thing is...international football is so flipping boring nowadays. 

The friendlies, the garbage qualifiers against Moldova or whoever...

Think having all the England games at Wembley killed a lot of the enthusiasm. Thought it was great when England went on tour to various parts of the country. Will always recall that incredible atmosphere when we faced Turkey at the Stadium of Light. 

Now every England match is as flat as a pancake. 

Thing is I could always get reasonable excited for the major tournaments, but the Euros that has just gone was absolutely atrocious. 

Stupid post - it's not a debate as they don't affect each other, you can support England & Wednesday. Wednesday don't play when England play or even play against England at any point. 

People saying they want Scotland to win because England players are over paid, sorry but many players are over paid, probably our two Scottish players are over paid as well. Makes no sense.

Well it looks like I could be the only one on here that would put England marginally ahead of Wednesday! 

I understand why people are saying they have fallen out of love for England but I think it's a little sad it has come to this.

I'm a massive Wednesday fan, (season ticket holder for years & went to the playoff final, etc)......but the build up to a major summer tournament is fantastic and I will never lose my enthusiasm for wanting England to do well! 

I'm also an England fan from birth but didn't start supporting Wednesday till I was about 14. Maybe that has something do with it!!

Anyone else out there like me?! lol

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Wednesday every day of the week.  However as I live abroad, it would be nice if England actually achieved something once in a while.  Lucky for me that Japan are absolutely throw!!

On 12/11/2016 at 08:52, james o connor said:

Ridiculous people saying they don't care about England. They are a joke at the moment but I will always want my country to win . I couldn't give a flying feck about Scotland because bannan plays for them. 

This is half the trouble other countries support their national team, the English come out with guff like this 

I agree with your point in principle.

But supporting your club team is much more important than supporting your national team.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't want your national team to do well also.