King Of Thailand Tribute - Bit weird?

Sheffield Wednesday, in a show of unity and reverence for our chairman Dejphon Chansiri and the people of Thailand,

Speaking personally, I don't revere our chairman or the people of Thailand, reverence is too strong a word, I don't revere anyone. I respect Mr Chansiri, I am glad he is our chairman, I think he's a good bloke. I don't know may Thais, the ones I know seem OK.

Maybe it is a translation error, I hope so. Unity is fine by me, I'm sorry their king is dead, reverence, no.

I'm glad the 2 minutes silence was respected and went ok, it's a show of respect.

Edited by prowl

The oddest thing for me is that DC wasn't there and none of his hangers on were in the directors box (unless Lord Fattersley's missus counts) - so who's benefit was it all for?  I suppose they could have all been in with the North Stand hoolies rather than the director's box - in which case fair play to them for leading the 'we all hate Leeds scum' chants against a team from West London  

Folks, not to pour cold water on some of the comments on here, but you should be aware of something called lese majeste, which is taken very seriously in Thailand and applies equally to Thai and non-Thai citizens:-

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/local-laws-and-customs

18 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Folks, not to pour cold water on some of the comments on here, but you should be aware of something called lese majeste, which is taken very seriously in Thailand and applies equally to Thai and non-Thai citizens:-

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/local-laws-and-customs

Wow definatly read this I haven't seen any comments against the Thai king though 

Per the statement on the club website:

"The players and the staff wore black armbands during our game against Huddersfield last Sunday, once more at Cardiff on Wednesday and today against Queens Park Rangers, and will continue to do so for the remainder of a 30-period of mourning since the king passed away."

I wonder what the current record is for longest consecutive run of games in which a British football team has worn black armbands to mark a single or multiple events or anniversaries. Can't imagine there have been many longer than 30 days and however many games that will be (six?)..

Edited by Mr. Tom