King Of Thailand Tribute - Bit weird?

agreed...reading some of the comments on here, seems its just 'not cool' to show some empathy towards a fellow human being (and one that's done a lot for us!) during a time of loss...sad reflection on society, not to mention some Wednesdayites. 

1 minute ago, PeakOwl said:

agreed...reading some of the comments on here, seems its just 'not cool' to show some empathy towards a fellow human being (and one that's done a lot for us!) during a time of loss...sad reflection on society, not to mention some Wednesdayites. 

Even if doesn't strike a chord with you...I really can't understand how anyone could get so upset about it. 

I was completely indifferent to the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

what a fecking dirge that national anthem was ,when it started i thought it was judy garland singing somewhere over the rainbow .....fair play to the crowd for sticking with it for 2 cringeworthy minutes .

It's not the national anthem you pleb. It's their song for the King. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

It's done. 

Was a bit odd, but whatever. 

Not sure there's any need to cry about it after the event. 

I don't think anybody is crying. Just pointing out how surreal it was.

I was coming into the ground just before the singing stopped. Deliberate timing tbh - just too odd for me plus I detest royalty as a concept. The turnstile operator didn't say a word to me when I said thanks. She very pointedly kept it zipped and almost looked worried.

Very peculiar. Can't wait for the celebrations when the new King is crowned. That'll be a humdinger. 

On an even brighter note in patches yesterday i day I thought we were brilliant - some of the best football of the season. We're getting going and and from a strong base points-wise. 

Seeing the video I was impressed that the crowd observed the silence and the rest of it as well as they did. Whatever anyone thinks about it personally it has obviously gone down well with DC and will have impressed the Thai people enormously. I am sure most people as they get older find themselves going to funerals of people we didn't know all that well. We do it out of respect for the deceased, but more so to show sympathy for the bereaved. DC and his family obviously revered their King. So although I wasn't able to be there, I as a lifelong Republican would have stood and observed the silence in sympathy with DC. So well done to all those Wednesdayites. You may not fully understand why you did it. But you will have bought a huge amount of respect for our club worldwide.