King Of Thailand Tribute - Bit weird?

Why should we give a monkeys about the king of Thailand?  The fact is we don't and it's all bizarre as we simply wish to avoid upsetting the owner of the club in case he pulls the plug or something.  Does he think we want to listen to the Thai national anthem?

Just now, Tyto Alba said:

Why should we give a monkeys about the king of Thailand?  The fact is we don't and it's all bizarre as we simply wish to avoid upsetting the owner of the club in case he pulls the plug or something.  Does he think we want to listen to the Thai national anthem?

dont call it the anthem ..... i did and copped a volley  ......its song for a king that none of us have heard of sung in a language none of us understand.

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

But we're winning matches got to find something to moan about...mind you there's always the shop to fall back on if we keep winning  lol 

Don't worry - you can take a break from your Chantiri-Police/Informant role for a sec. 

lol

It's not a moan - it's a comment on the weirdness of it. In your cosmopolitan world it may be run of the mill - to some of us it seems very peculiar.. 

I sort of regret missing it now - although that's easy to say with hindsight.  

Edited by rickygoo

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Don't worry - you can take a break from your Chantiri-Police/Informant role for a sec. 

lol

It's not a moan - it's a comment on the weirdness of it. In your cosmopolitan world it may be run of the mill - to some of us it seems very peculiar.. 

I sort of regret missing it now - although that's easy to say with hindsight.  

Why wouldn't it seem peculiar to us as we're not Thai subjects so mourning for a year wouldn't be normal for us would it...at the end of the day we showed our respect...which to you must seem really cosmopolitan but to the people who were there it was just good manners

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Why wouldn't it seem peculiar to us as we're not Thai subjects so mourning for a year wouldn't be normal for us would it...at the end of the day we showed our respect...which to you must seem really cosmopolitan but to the people who were there it was just good manners

We either showed our respect - or did as we were told. You pays your money and takes your choice. 

lol

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/1116725/thailand-vs-australia-match-to-go-ahead-but-no-joy-permitted

News > Sports

Thailand vs Australia match to go ahead, but no joy permitted

c1_1116725_620x413.jpg

Thailand's Sarach Yooyen (centre) and Iraq's Alaa Abdulzehra (right) vie for the ball as Thailand's Chanathip Songkrasin (left) looks on during their World Cup qualifying soccer match at Dastgerdi Stadium in Tehran, Iran, on Oct 11, 2016. (AP photo)

SYDNEY - Australian football fans must tone down their dress and resist chanting or any "joyful activities" if they want to support the Socceroos at their World Cup qualifier with Thailand next month.

The Nov 15 match will go ahead as originally planned, Football Federation Australia (FFA) said on Friday, but both the Australians and Thai hosts have asked fans to be mindful the host nation is mourning following the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

The Football Association of Thailand (FAT) had sought to move the match out of respect for the long-reigning monarch, who died earlier this month aged 88.

But FFA on Friday confirmed the would be played at Bangkok's Rajamangala Stadium as originally scheduled, and asked fans to respect local customs and a series of requests from the Thais.

The Australian body asked fans to respect a number of requests it said were from the Sports Authority of Thailand, including that clothing for spectators "shall be in polite manner with suggested colours such as white, black, grey and preferably with no designs on them".

Banners, drums, trumpets, flags, megaphones, whistles and cheering sticks have been banned from the stadium, while FFA said the Sports Authority of Thailand had said fan chants would be strictly prohibited both inside and around the venue.

15 minutes ago, darra said:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/1116725/thailand-vs-australia-match-to-go-ahead-but-no-joy-permitted

News > Sports

Thailand vs Australia match to go ahead, but no joy permitted

c1_1116725_620x413.jpg

Thailand's Sarach Yooyen (centre) and Iraq's Alaa Abdulzehra (right) vie for the ball as Thailand's Chanathip Songkrasin (left) looks on during their World Cup qualifying soccer match at Dastgerdi Stadium in Tehran, Iran, on Oct 11, 2016. (AP photo)

SYDNEY - Australian football fans must tone down their dress and resist chanting or any "joyful activities" if they want to support the Socceroos at their World Cup qualifier with Thailand next month.

The Nov 15 match will go ahead as originally planned, Football Federation Australia (FFA) said on Friday, but both the Australians and Thai hosts have asked fans to be mindful the host nation is mourning following the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

The Football Association of Thailand (FAT) had sought to move the match out of respect for the long-reigning monarch, who died earlier this month aged 88.

But FFA on Friday confirmed the would be played at Bangkok's Rajamangala Stadium as originally scheduled, and asked fans to respect local customs and a series of requests from the Thais.

The Australian body asked fans to respect a number of requests it said were from the Sports Authority of Thailand, including that clothing for spectators "shall be in polite manner with suggested colours such as white, black, grey and preferably with no designs on them".

Banners, drums, trumpets, flags, megaphones, whistles and cheering sticks have been banned from the stadium, while FFA said the Sports Authority of Thailand had said fan chants would be strictly prohibited both inside and around the venue.

was our band there on saturday coz reading that i dont recall hearing them and  certainly sure we didnt have any cheering sticks .......infact thinking on the players celebration of the goal seemed very muted as well ...under orders perhaps?

Edited by torryowl

DC is an excellent chairman.  He also strikes me as a very decent and respectful man who has largely endeared himself to supporters. He does not hog the limelight nor seek publicity. His acknowledgement of the respect shown by our supporters, and those of QPR, struck me as being sincere, gracious and well considered. It was also delivered very soon after the match. 

DC has tried to deliver on his promises and is a man who, in return, deserves our support.

I thought the two minutes was both interesting and moving. It also made me proud to be a Wednesdayite given the overwhelming reaction at the ground and the respect shown. The QPR supporters did themselves proud too. 

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

was our band there on saturday coz reading that i dont recall hearing them and  certainly sure we didnt have any cheering sticks .......infact thinking on the players celebration of the goal seemed very muted as well ...under orders perhaps?

The band were there, as annoying as ever.

2 hours ago, scram said:

I think it's f*cking weird beyond  comprehension tbh

Weird, as in a new and unusual experience, sure. But beyond comprehension, really?

I see it as the equivalent of a friend asking you to go with them to a funeral of someone you don't know. Of course you have no or very little reason to respect the person who died, but you do it out of respect for the person who asked you. That seems easily comprehensible to me.

1 hour ago, Dan™ said:

Weird, as in a new and unusual experience, sure. But beyond comprehension, really?

I see it as the equivalent of a friend asking you to go with them to a funeral of someone you don't know. Of course you have no or very little reason to respect the person who died, but you do it out of respect for the person who asked you. That seems easily comprehensible to me.

Almost beyond comprehension. When did a friend last invite you to a stranger's funeral? 

Anyway best keep quiet. Another 4 weeks of mourning to crack on with.