King Of Thailand Tribute - Bit weird?

I was actually quite moved by it....

Which seems odd, but having read how much it means to the people of Thailand and our now obvious connection with this country, let's just embrace it. 

It's not harmed is in any way and in fact has now provided unbelievable publicity for our great club from the other side of the world ! 

This could lead to far more positives than anyone could have imagined

RIP and god bless

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

And it came to pass that the gathered crowds were asked the question, "Barabas or Jesu ?"  The crowd roared back "Barabas"  Mildly amusing :tango:  You're on the wrong page mate, come to think of it you're not even on the same planet !

You've lost me there. If we're being literal I am very much on Planet Earth.

I'm not amused the bloke's dead. I'm amused the fans of a football club thousands of miles away are "paying their respects". And it appears a spin off is our grief has enhanced our global branding. What a strangle world. 

lol

The thing that annoyed me was the last minute arrivals that decided they still wanted to get to their seats during the two minutes. 

Ffs. Just stand in the gangways for two minutes. You'll still get to your seat in time. 

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

And it came to pass that the gathered crowds were asked the question, "Barabas or Jesu ?"  The crowd roared back "Barabas"  Mildly amusing :tango:  You're on the wrong page mate, come to think of it you're not even on the same planet !

Release Roderick. 

4 hours ago, AMB1867 said:

As I posted earlier, I don't get why people are annoyed by it? What's the big issue behind having a minutes silence? 

However, what is worrying is how Chansiri is going about certain things, including the minute silence. As someone said months ago, his name is on the stadium, on the shirt, he won't back down on tickets & the minutes silence..

its sloghtly becoming Chansiri Football Club, rather than Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

As with all the owners of all football clubs it's theirs to do what they want with so yes it is Chansiri football club if he wants if the FA let him which is unlikely.

9 hours ago, pauli said:

Millions of Thai people are suddenly aware of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Does the Owls Megastore have enough Danny Wilson toby jugs?

Nope but there are plenty of play off final t-shirts in need of a good home 

It was an exceptional event, the fans respected the Chairmans wishes.  If you didn't agree with the proceedings you could have stayed away until it was over.  If you was that offended by it you could have gone to the extreme and disrupted it in some way.

I have no love for any royal families but recgonise that many people do (unfortunately).   

I'm sure that when our queen dies that more or less every country will mark her passing and that many private clubs, companies etc with links to the UK will hold their own events.

Exceptional events lead to exceptional reactions.

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

It was an exceptional event, the fans respected the Chairmans wishes.  If you didn't agree with the proceedings you could have stayed away until it was over.  If you was that offended by it you could have gone to the extreme and disrupted it in some way.

I have no love for any royal families but recgonise that many people do (unfortunately).   

I'm sure that when our queen dies that more or less every country will mark her passing and that many private clubs, companies etc with links to the UK will hold their own events.

Exceptional events lead to exceptional reactions.

it was exceptional alright and i wouldnt have missed it for the world .certainly summat i'll never forget thats for sure ......

14 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Almost beyond comprehension. When did a friend last invite you to a stranger's funeral?

About 2 years ago - an open coffin too, pretty weird indeed!

I'm not saying it's a regular occurrence for most people, it's just an experience I've had which felt similar to this whole event on Saturday, so I thought I'd raise the comparison. I didn't go to the funeral for the deceased person at the front, but to support my friend who had asked for me to be with them. I don't see how that's any different to what Chansiri has asked of us, especially since he wants to be seen as being part of a 'family' with all Sheffield Wednesday fans. 

I've found some of the ignorance on this post quite astounding. 

I expect better to be fair. 

Respect costs nothing, you were there anyway (possibly) what's 2 minutes ? 

I alson imagine that the YouTube video will not have done any harm to the brand name in Thailand ....

just saying.