Parking Tickets

18 hours ago, EL CID said:

I was stood in the queue at the container bar overlooking Penistone road , and you could see the wardens taking photos and putting tickets on the cars. One after the other

Well that is their job :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

No mate no problems with walking, we are both pretty active, the problem is not knowing the area. We arrive at 1pm now and all the spots are gone on the verge in front of the Wednesdayite car park so i can only imagine what it is going to be like when there is another 599 cars plus us battling for the same spots. For evening matches we would be knackered, clearly because of work commitments you cant just set off earlier to grab a spot.

This...

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If you arrive at 1 you'll be fine. Just go on one of the side roads just off Middlewood road they don't get full til half 2 unless it's a huge crowd

Or, if you let us know which way you approach / leave the ground, we might be able to suggest other locations that tend to work?

14 hours ago, AlbertOB said:

No I parked on the grass as I and many others have done for years and years

This time I parked on the grass where there was a double yellow. I thought that was Ok........I was wrong.........It appears that if you park on grass behind a DY you are committing an offence. If you park on grass behind a pavement where theres a DY youre OK........I would have thought the latter to be more dangerous.......but never mind it cost me £35 to find that out

Google or buying a copy of the highway code would have been cheaper.

14 hours ago, pompeyowl said:

Well that depends on where you park. 

If you know that there are no restrictions, then there should be no reason to be ticketed. If I get ticketed at home I'll appeal, and I would expect an explanation as to why I was ticketed.

I've tried that twice. The burden of proof is always put on you to prove that you weren't parking illegally. 

I've read the whole thread.

Can someone please answer me this:

Why can't people simply park legally on the streets in places they are allowed to park legally OR pay to park in the numerous carparks around the ground OR switch to bus/tram

OR

Park a little further away and walk to the ground?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why can't people simply park legally on the streets in places they are allowed to park legally OR pay to park in the numerous carparks around the ground OR switch to bus/tram

OR

That would be FAR too easy!

Some people can't understand a simple concept, park legally and you won't get a ticket.  

when they get a ticket it's the councils fault and traffic wardens being parasites instead of enforcers of parking law never mind that they (not the parking warden) parked illegally possibly causing issues/danger for others by parking in a stupid place.  Heaven forbid someone uses the brains they were born with.

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

OR

I'm quite happy to do all of the above. Infact using the tram seems a viable option now.

Still dosn't distract from the whole point Hillsborough has now become a chuffing nightmare for a football ground to be situated.

You got to also remember fella, people are lazy and its human nature, to do the easy thing.

Also change, boy do humans hate that.

Edited by Maddogbob

2 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

When the Wednesdayite car park goes that is the end of me and the wife as active supporters. It is a 60 mile round trip for us and while it is not the furthest distance people travel it is enough to not be risking the price of 2 season tickets only to turn up and there not be any parking or to park where you think you're ok and getting a fine.

We have looked at the options and because suddenly there is an extra 600 cars fighting for car parking we cant work out a viable option. As a consequence the club loses 2x season ticket purchases, 2x shirt purchases, 2x however many matches 50/50 tickets and 2x less voices to be heard.

We've been season ticket holders for years and years and we've been beaten by a parking spot.

Why not leave the car in the park and ride at Middlewood? 5 minute walk to the ground and loads of spaces every game.

48 minutes ago, kristmace said:

I've tried that twice. The burden of proof is always put on you to prove that you weren't parking illegally. 

Which goes to prove that you're not actually innocent until proven guilty.

Why is it this way when it comes to parking? Surely it's down to THEM why they're demanding you pay up your money? They're the ones that have taken the photos, so they should have the proof. Are we supposed to be taking photos of every place we park, just incase one of these aresholes decides to slap a fine on us?

Just out of interest, have you seen the 8 out of 10 cats video on parking fines?

3 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

When the Wednesdayite car park goes that is the end of me and the wife as active supporters. It is a 60 mile round trip for us and while it is not the furthest distance people travel it is enough to not be risking the price of 2 season tickets only to turn up and there not be any parking or to park where you think you're ok and getting a fine.

We have looked at the options and because suddenly there is an extra 600 cars fighting for car parking we cant work out a viable option. As a consequence the club loses 2x season ticket purchases, 2x shirt purchases, 2x however many matches 50/50 tickets and 2x less voices to be heard.

We've been season ticket holders for years and years and we've been beaten by a parking spot.

What did you and those 599 other cars do before the Wednesdayite car park opened? It's only been there for, what, about 10 years or so at a guess.

Guest Deleted member
21 minutes ago, alanharper said:

What did you and those 599 other cars do before the Wednesdayite car park opened? It's only been there for, what, about 10 years or so at a guess.

Personally I used to park either in the timber yard, or the dairy just off Leppings Lane. OR at several car parks off herries Rd South.

None of which exist any more

Edited by Deleted member

42 minutes ago, pompeyowl said:

Which goes to prove that you're not actually innocent until proven guilty.

Why is it this way when it comes to parking? Surely it's down to THEM why they're demanding you pay up your money? They're the ones that have taken the photos, so they should have the proof. Are we supposed to be taking photos of every place we park, just incase one of these aresholes decides to slap a fine on us?

Just out of interest, have you seen the 8 out of 10 cats video on parking fines?

Why are they "@rseholes"?

They're only doing their job, handing out fines to people parking illegally.

Some people just need to grow up. If they want to park like a morons, then ok. But when you get a parking fine, just shut your trap and pay it instead of showing off like a massive baby going "yeah but that car parked the same but he didn't get one". Tough titty. 

13 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Why are they "@rseholes"?

They're only doing their job, handing out fines to people parking illegally.

Some people just need to grow up. If they want to park like a morons, then ok. But when you get a parking fine, just shut your trap and pay it instead of showing off like a massive baby going "yeah but that car parked the same but he didn't get one". Tough titty. 

You don't think Traffic Wardens are arseholes?! Wow! I don't think I've ever met anyone of that opinion. Most people I know would rather be skint and starving than a Traffic Warden.

As I've said on more than one occassion, if it's obvious that there are parking restrictions in place (usually a sign on a wall or post, which is usually pretty obvious) then you can't really grumble. However, if you're getting ticketed when it's not obvious that you're parked illegally then you're obviously going to be pretty pissed off.

Again, I've never known anywhere that you can park on the pavement and get away with it, except for matchday at Hillsborough.

9 minutes ago, pompeyowl said:

You don't think Traffic Wardens are arseholes?! Wow! I don't think I've ever met anyone of that opinion. Most people I know would rather be skint and starving than a Traffic Warden.

As I've said on more than one occassion, if it's obvious that there are parking restrictions in place (usually a sign on a wall or post, which is usually pretty obvious) then you can't really grumble. However, if you're getting ticketed when it's not obvious that you're parked illegally then you're obviously going to be pretty pissed off.

Again, I've never known anywhere that you can park on the pavement and get away with it, except for matchday at Hillsborough.

Then "most people you know" want to have a good long look at their priorities.

Why would I think that anyway? I've never spoken to or dealt with a traffic warden in any way. Probably because I've never parked like a *** and got a parking ticket. Magic eh?

So what are all these situations you're taking about where they're handing out tickets when the restrictions aren't plainly obvious? Give us some examples. I think it's always clear as day where you're allowed to park.

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

8 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Then "most people you know" want to have a good long look at their priorities.

Why would I think that anyway? I've never spoken to or dealt with a traffic warden in any way. Probably because I've never parked like a *** and got a parking ticket. Magic eh?

So what are all these situations you're taking about where they're handing out tickets when the restrictions aren't plainly obvious? Give us some examples. I think it's always clear as day where you're allowed to park.

Look at their priorities?! Sure. They're priorities are way out of sync. 

Maybe YOU'VE never been ticketed when not expecting to be, but many others have. Many people don't actually realise they are doing wrong until they are ticketed. Why does this mean they are parking like a ***? Yes, many people do, but many others don't realise they are parking illegally. It's an easy mistake to make.

I'm not saying that it's not easy to tell around Hillsborough. I can't comment on how easy it is to tell, as I find it very strange to see people parked on grass verges and pavements game in, game out, and not get ticketed. I've never parked, or needed to park that close to the ground as I always walk down. 

For example, though, some places you park around Fratton in Portsmouth, there are no signs saying that it's restricted parking, but you will get ticketed because it's residents parking only, and you need a permit. For someone that's not from the area, it's easy to see why someone would feel hard done by for getting ticketed.

Edited by pompeyowl

21 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Rubbish. When i lived in Oughtibridge we used to walk to the ground . I know people who walk from Grenoside where they live. 

The problem is some are that lazy they want to basically park on the pitch 

And then of course there are people who couldn't manage the walk.