Parking Tickets

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Rubbish. When i lived in Oughtibridge we used to walk to the ground . I know people who walk from Grenoside where they live. 

The problem is some are that lazy they want to basically park on the pitch 

I walk from Grenoside every match and back up the hill after. Your'e spot on people have become lazy.

Basically you parked on the pavement then? And you don't understand why you got a ticket? 

Im not sure what's worse that or Grandad taking it as another opportunity to go on about moving ground again just cus he lives on the other side of Sheffield 

47 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

Noticed on Parkside road that some cars had tickets and others didn't. Couldn't see any difference in the way they were parked. 

There would be no difference but if some arrived late, after the parasites  wardens had been they would have escaped.

I see cars parked in the weeks in places where, on matchday, they get a ticket. Why is it wrong/against the law/dangerous on matchday but not on normal days ?  Answer.....it isn't, but the council see a chance to make some money while people are contributing to the local economy/ shops/ football club and choose to penalise them.  Typical of Sheffield council, they've always hated free entertprise and business.

56 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

Noticed on Parkside road that some cars had tickets and others didn't. Couldn't see any difference in the way they were parked. 

Somebody on Twitter said they'd seen somebody going round taking tickets off some of the cars.

2 hours ago, pompeyowl said:

Unless it's a private car park, double yellow lined, or has a sign to say that parking is restricted, you have the right to park anywhere.

You should always know if you're getting ticketed or not.

That's all good in theory, but it'll never stand up if you get a ticket and appeal. 

45 minutes ago, mounts said:

looked at onecar with ticket parked on middlewood rd near seat dealers and it said on the ticket no car tax paid

Some folk are that stupid they think now you don't display a tax disc they can get away without paying it. 

I was inclined to say stop being tight to the OP and pay for parking. But it's much worse getting out the car parks  (owlerton/ wednesdayite) and can add 30 minutes to your day simply queuing to leave. So I recognise why people get where they can, more so to get away after the game than prevent paying.

Not sure what the solution is, but it's certainly not a new ground (genuinely laughed at that suggestion), like chopping your foot off to cure a blister.

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Basically you parked on the pavement then? And you don't understand why you got a ticket? 

Im not sure what's worse that or Grandad taking it as another opportunity to go on about moving ground again just cus he lives on the other side of Sheffield 

I live at Loxley

Don't park illegally.

Some didn't get tickets because they weren't officially on the pavement, they were set back towards the hedge.

But how do these people return to the carriageway in their flash 4x4 motors? They have to drive over the pavement and jump the kerb back down.

Not safe at all and totally reckless.

Well done Sheffield City Council.

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

No I parked on the grass as I and many others have done for years and years

This time I parked on the grass where there was a double yellow. I thought that was Ok........I was wrong.........It appears that if you park on grass behind a DY you are committing an offence. If you park on grass behind a pavement where theres a DY youre OK........I would have thought the latter to be more dangerous.......but never mind it cost me £35 to find that out

2 minutes ago, AlbertOB said:

No I parked on the grass as I and many others have done for years and years

This time I parked on the grass where there was a double yellow. I thought that was Ok........I was wrong.........It appears that if you park on grass behind a DY you are committing an offence. If you park on grass behind a pavement where theres a DY youre OK........I would have thought the latter to be more dangerous.......but never mind it cost me £35 to find that out

So not only did you park illegally you also don't know the Highway Code......they should take your license off you as well as giving you the ticket