Parking Tickets

Parking on the pavement will get you a ticket if there is a waiting restriction like a double or single yellow line on the road. The restriction applies to the whole highway, including footpath/verge. You can also be ticketed for obstruction but only police dish out those. 

Otherwise parking on path is allowed (although blocking whole path and making pedestrians have to walk in road makes you a bit of a todger)

7 hours ago, Ian said:

That is exactly the point - of course I knew I was speeding because I was concentrating on what I was doing.....if you're trying to tell me that you were going 77mph and didn't know then you really could do with a few lessons

Look at the situation I gave you. You're concentrating on the idiot in front of you and not your speed. You can not always be looking at your dashboard checking your speed, especially at times when there's an idiot infront of you.

1 hour ago, pompeyowl said:

Look at the situation I gave you. You're concentrating on the idiot in front of you and not your speed. You can not always be looking at your dashboard checking your speed, especially at times when there's an idiot infront of you.

If there's an idiot in front of you then you should be slowing down and giving him space to be an idiot without causing an incident, not exceeding the speed limit so you can get a ringside seat

I think people are missing the point with my posts and some of the answers have re-enforced my post about it looking like i am just moaning so what is the point in approaching the club.

Clearly i am not from Sheffield so as a consequence i do not know the roads around Sheffield, we enter the city from the north and that one road from the M1 to the ground is all we see. Before the Wednesdayite car park parking was pretty much open season you could park where you liked and we used to park down by the chocolate factory. Because 600 cars will be displaced it isn't a case of me not willing to walk, me having to man up or anything like that it is a case of am i guaranteed of getting a spot without the risk of a fine or on a midweek match even a spot to leave the car. You have to remember 600 other cars will be in the same predicament and things like the park and ride that has been mentioned may well be suddenly stuffed to the gills.

We've been attending matches for over 25 years and i cant say i am overjoyed that it might suddenly just stop because there is no flexibility from the council or traffic wardens on match days.

WAYS TO AVOID PARKING FINE AT GAMES

1) Travel to the game on the bus/tram (you can park at the park and ride if using tram)
2) Pay to park in one of the numerous and many carparks around the ground
3) If parking on the street ensure it's a LEGAL place to park
4) Park a little bit further away in a legal place to park and walk a little bit further to the game

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

I think people are missing the point with my posts and some of the answers have re-enforced my post about it looking like i am just moaning so what is the point in approaching the club.

Clearly i am not from Sheffield so as a consequence i do not know the roads around Sheffield, we enter the city from the north and that one road from the M1 to the ground is all we see. Before the Wednesdayite car park parking was pretty much open season you could park where you liked and we used to park down by the chocolate factory. Because 600 cars will be displaced it isn't a case of me not willing to walk, me having to man up or anything like that it is a case of am i guaranteed of getting a spot without the risk of a fine or on a midweek match even a spot to leave the car. You have to remember 600 other cars will be in the same predicament and things like the park and ride that has been mentioned may well be suddenly stuffed to the gills.

We've been attending matches for over 25 years and i cant say i am overjoyed that it might suddenly just stop because there is no flexibility from the council or traffic wardens on match days.

With no disrespect if you have been attending matches for over 25 years you should know the area pretty well.  I have never lived anywhere near  the district of Hillsborough and know the places to park purely because I have been visiting Hillsborough like you to go to games. 

However I can assure you there are plenty of free car parking spaces near Hillsborough in fact I don't think in the nearly 40 years that I have been driving there I have ever paid for parking.#proudtightyorkshireman lol

Two parameters 

1) turn up with plenty of time (no later than an hour before kick off) 

2) be able and prepared to walk about 15 minutes to the ground 

Edited by Geedee

24 minutes ago, Geedee said:

With no disrespect if you have been attending matches for over 25 years you should know the area pretty well.

No disrespect taken but would you care to elaborate how i should know the area pretty well?

I am going to sit on the kop and that's it, i haven't been driving around the area sightseeing.

Here is the area i am confident about when i go to a match, i have never had to go any further.

Image1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Geedee said:

One other point in that time not only  have I not paid for parking I also have never had a parking ticket while watching the game. 

It's really not that hard folks

Again the point has been missed, an extra 600 cars are going to be thrown in the the mix.

In nearly 30 years of going to Hillsborough

i have never had any kind of issue with parking and I'm surprised so many seem to struggle.  There is plenty of parking near hillsborough corner, same around middlewood road, the training ground car park or very rarely I may use public transport. 

Iv never had a ticket and never struggled for a space and I usually park up at about 2.15 ish. 

1) Travel to the game on the bus/tram (you can park at the park and ride if using tram)
4) Park a little bit further away in a legal place to park and walk a little bit further to the game

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

If you come in from the north then I'll assume Barnsley junction of M1 so you would pass Wadsley Bridge WMC on the right and its approx 10minute walk down the hill then past Bridge pub/Sainsbury etc.

Im unfit as hell but I've parked up there before.

Other option if you head towards meadowhall motorway junction is to Park under the Five arches it's about same 10min walk(obviously after game if we have lost as there both up hill it seems longer).

If you ask for advice on here in fairness vast majority will give it.

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Could you clarify point 2.  Numerous and many car parks around the ground? 

The guy who is saying he won't come anymore is a little extreme, but he has a point. It's a perfect storm in that a major car park is closing and the council appear intent on both issuing tickets and adding more yellow lines. Someone mentioned the roads opposite Middlewood Road, but a number double yellows have appeared recently. 

Re turning up early, and this maybe a shock to some, but some people have other things to do as well, on Saturdays. 

Not sure there is a solution here, but just highlighting that when the W'ite car park closes, and we have a big crowd, it will be gridlock. 

1 hour ago, UTO1867 said:

No disrespect taken but would you care to elaborate how i should know the area pretty well?

I am going to sit on the kop and that's it, i haven't been driving around the area sightseeing.

Here is the area i am confident about when i go to a match, i have never had to go any further.

Image1.jpg

Park up when you get to the "White Horse " pub, its now "pizza Hut" On your left(just past Lidl) as you come down the A61 from the M!. Its just before TK Maxx.

Its a ten minute walk down to the Kop from there!

Guest Deleted member

On a serious note the Wednesdayite Car Park currently caters (at a significantly reduced rate) for 80 disabled car users.

God knows where they will end up

40 minutes ago, vulva said:

The guy who is saying he won't come anymore is a little extreme, but he has a point.

No.
Not he doesn't

Not at all

It's just the same as someone saying 'If they put the prices up next year I'm ripping my season ticket up' or 'If they don't sign a striker that's me done' etc etc

There's so many places to park around the ground and so many ways to get to the ground there's no excuse for getting ticketed/fined OR saying you're boycotting the matches.

HOW DID THEY COPE WHEN THERE USED TO BE 50,000 FANS IN OUR GROUND?

Owlstalk Shop

Back in the day when we had 50,000 the bus network was far better, and I remember buses queueing up after the match. Less people had cars.  

Back in the day you could park anywhere. And no one way systems. 

Back in in the day people had more time to get to matches. Life was less hectic. 

Back in the day there was less traffic.