Parking Tickets

14 minutes ago, pompeyowl said:

Look at their priorities?! Sure. They're priorities are way out of sync. 

Maybe YOU'VE never been ticketed when not expecting to be, but many others have. Many people don't actually realise they are doing wrong until they are ticketed. Why does this mean they are parking like a ***? Yes, many people do, but many others don't realise they are parking illegally. It's an easy mistake to make.

I'm not saying that it's not easy to tell around Hillsborough. I can't comment on how easy it is to tell, as I find it very strange to see people parked on grass verges and pavements game in, game out, and not get ticketed. I've never parked, or needed to park that close to the ground as I always walk down. 

For example, though, some places you park around Fratton in Portsmouth, there are no signs saying that it's restricted parking, but you will get ticketed because it's residents parking only, and you need a permit. For someone that's not from the area, it's easy to see why someone would feel hard done by for getting ticketed.

Yeah. I think anyone who would rather starve than be a traffic warden needs to give their head a wobble. I'd clean pub bogs if I had to do it to put food on the table. I'm actually pretty surprised you can't see the logic behind that.

If (and it's a big if) that's true about Portsmouth and they're handing out parking fines with no "residents only" signs, then you'd win an appeal. But I'll bet that there ARE in fact signs up, and people don't bother to check before parking up and leaving the car there.

Again, I've never struggled with it. Don't know why others do. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Personally I used to park either in the timber yard, or the dairy just off Leppings Lane. OR at several car parks off herries Rd South.

None of which exist any more

I trust you now walk from loxley with it being just over the hill?

If we moved to your desired Meadowhall location would it be any easier?.I think not.

wherever you place a football stadium it's chaos.

26 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Yeah. I think anyone who would rather starve than be a traffic warden needs to give their head a wobble. I'd clean pub bogs if I had to do it to put food on the table. I'm actually pretty surprised you can't see the logic behind that.

If (and it's a big if) that's true about Portsmouth and they're handing out parking fines with no "residents only" signs, then you'd win an appeal. But I'll bet that there ARE in fact signs up, and people don't bother to check before parking up and leaving the car there.

Again, I've never struggled with it. Don't know why others do. 

I see the logic behind it. Some of my friends HAVE cleaned pub bogs as one of several jobs they had at once in order to make ends meet. They just don't wish to be the kind of person who stitches people up for a living. It surprises me that you don't get that logic.

On a long road, that have a speghetti bowl of roads linked to it, a post with a sign on either end is not sufficient enough for people to know that the area is residents only area.

Congratulations on never being pinged with a ticket. I hope you never will and never see the grey areas that you believe don't exist.

Just now, pompeyowl said:

I see the logic behind it. Some of my friends HAVE cleaned pub bogs as one of several jobs they had at once in order to make ends meet. They just don't wish to be the kind of person who stitches people up for a living. It surprises me that you don't get that logic.

On a long road, that have a speghetti bowl of roads linked to it, a post with a sign on either end is not sufficient enough for people to know that the area is residents only area.

Congratulations on never being pinged with a ticket. I hope you never will and never see the grey areas that you believe don't exist.

"Stitches people up for a living". 

lol

Do you think the same thing about the police or the HMRC?

I'll say it once more and then I can't be bothered arguing it anymore... Don't break the law, and don't get a ticket. 

Easy. 

4 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

"Stitches people up for a living". 

lol

Do you think the same thing about the police or the HMRC?

I'll say it once more and then I can't be bothered arguing it anymore... Don't break the law, and don't get a ticket. 

Easy. 

Sometimes, yes, I do. Imagine sitting in the trees videoing someone that doesn't know you're there and going past at 77 miles an hour. They probably also don't realise that they're speeding, because they're paying attention to the tailface that's straddling the middle and outer lane, but they end up with a fine and points on your licence. Yes, sometimes I do feel as though the bill are there to stitch you up. I won't put them all in the same category, as I've met many decent officers with plenty of common sense. Others don't possess that skill though.

I'm glad you won't be arguing it anymore, and that you've said the same thing over and over, and for the final time. Now I won't have to say, over and over, that some people don't realised they are doing wrong.

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, mirocevic said:

I trust you now walk from loxley with it being just over the hill?

If we moved to your desired Meadowhall location would it be any easier?.I think not.

wherever you place a football stadium it's chaos.

No I park in the Wednesdayite car park. Is that OK??

Lives in Loxley, drives to match (and to the other side of the ground) and gets picked up from other side of the city when travelling with Wednesdayite. You're a strange fella :D

Edited by Ash76

My understanding is that the only place where it is illegal to park on the pavement is London ( don't ask me why I know this bit of trivia!)

however it is illegal to drive on the pavement  so unless you have a chinook to drop your car into place you are stuffed...although I suppose the warden .can't book you for parking illegally. ( can traffic wardens book you for a moving car offence?) However parking on the pavement can be a real pain for pedestrians  so can be a bit anti - social. I always used to park on on the pavement on Herries road and it was never an issue....suppose the path is quite wide there  so room for cars and pedestrians....

19 minutes ago, oldoldOwl said:

My understanding is that the only place where it is illegal to park on the pavement is London ( don't ask me why I know this bit of trivia!)

Your understanding is wrong

WAYS TO AVOID PARKING FINE AT GAMES

1) Travel to the game on the bus/tram (you can park at the park and ride if using tram)
2) Pay to park in one of the numerous and many carparks around the ground
3) If parking on the street ensure it's a LEGAL place to park
4) Park a little bit further away in a legal place to park and walk a little bit further to the game

Owlstalk Shop

57 minutes ago, oldoldOwl said:

found this on the web

Are vehicles allowed to park on the pavement? | Pedestrian ...

https://pedestrianliberation.org/2010/08/30/are-vehicles-allowed...
  • FIRST POST: 22/02/2011

23/05/2016 · According the common knowledge it is not illegal to park on the pavement in most parts of the UK but it is an offence to ... Pedestrian liberation twitter feed;

Pedestrian Liberation....that well know expert on the Law!

2 hours ago, pompeyowl said:

Sometimes, yes, I do. Imagine sitting in the trees videoing someone that doesn't know you're there and going past at 77 miles an hour. They probably also don't realise that they're speeding, because they're paying attention to the tailface that's straddling the middle and outer lane, but they end up with a fine and points on your licence. Yes, sometimes I do feel as though the bill are there to stitch you up. I won't put them all in the same category, as I've met many decent officers with plenty of common sense. Others don't possess that skill though.

I'm glad you won't be arguing it anymore, and that you've said the same thing over and over, and for the final time. Now I won't have to say, over and over, that some people don't realised they are doing wrong.

If you think there's nothing wrong with going 77mph then you are a ****......and if you think not knowing how fast you are going is an acceptable excuse then you are an even bigger one

They use the right rule from the Highway Code but it's down to interpretation.

Rule 244 taken from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252 states

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

To me that says you can't park on the pavement anyway and any challenges against a ticket for doing so would be a total waste of time

4 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

They use the right rule from the Highway Code but it's down to interpretation.

Rule 244 taken from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252 states

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

To me that says you can't park on the pavement anyway and any challenges against a ticket for doing so would be a total waste of time

Exactly - that's quite clear - you can't unless signs permit it.......there is a road near the hospital in Barnsley where there are signs telling people to park partly on the pavement - I've never seen them anywhere else though

1 hour ago, oldoldOwl said:

however it is illegal to drive on the pavement  so unless you have a chinook to drop your car into place you are stuffed...although I suppose the warden .can't book you for parking illegally. ( can traffic wardens book you for a moving car offence?) However parking on the pavement can be a real pain for pedestrians  so can be a bit anti - social. I always used to park on on the pavement on Herries road and it was never an issue....suppose the path is quite wide there  so room for cars and pedestrians....

My understanding is you can park on the pavement as long as you do not impede people in wheel chairs, mobility scooters, mothers pushing baby carriages etc. enough for them to have to go into the road

Guest Deleted member
2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Lives in Loxley, drives to match (and to the other side of the ground) and gets picked up from other side of the city when travelling with Wednesdayite. You're a strange fella :D

I have to carry stuff in the car for my pre match volunteering in the Wednesdayite Lounge

I moved to Loxley in the summer

Anything else? Or you going to admit to being an obsessed stalker next? lol