Parking Tickets

Good old Sheffield Council in making life difficult for people attending the game - as the OP says by targetting folk for parking in areas there has been no issue with for years.

30 minutes ago, Markhs21owl said:

Along penistone road, some cars with them some without anyone know the reasoning? Been parking there about 3 years outside leisure centre car in front and behind me didn't get one but I did, perfect end to a t0ss day!!!

If I were them I'd be giving you a ticket for every Saturday for the last 3 years.

13 minutes ago, debram said:

It's sad,  the council should be helping to encourage people to go to matches,  not trying to keep them away, unless it's dangerous parking leave it alone ffs 

well the team aren't so why should theylol

Guest Deleted member

Another reason why we need a new stadium. 600 cars per game will soon be displaced from the Wednesdayite car park too, and we can still get 15000 more people in the ground

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Another reason why we need a new stadium. 600 cars per game will soon be displaced from the Wednesdayite car park too, and we can still get 15000 more people in the ground

So you justify spending multi million pounds on a new stadium just because some people will have to park a bit further away from the ground and walk the rest of the way. ?

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

There really isn't plenty of space to park.

And the grounds inaccessibility will put people off

Rubbish. When i lived in Oughtibridge we used to walk to the ground . I know people who walk from Grenoside where they live. 

The problem is some are that lazy they want to basically park on the pitch 

Guest Deleted member
8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Rubbish. When i lived in Oughtibridge we used to walk to the ground . I know people who walk from Grenoside where they live. 

The problem is some are that lazy they want to basically park on the pitch 

Yes, exactly. That's the point

I'm not saying its right

1 hour ago, pompeyowl said:

Unless it's a private car park, double yellow lined, or has a sign to say that parking is restricted, you have the right to park anywhere.

You should always know if you're getting ticketed or not.

Rubbish...you don't have the right to park anywhere....not sure where you live but I'm sure you'd be pissed off if someone rocked up and parked on your front garden.

Also ask wheelchair users or blind people how they feel about folk parking on the pavement....I also believe that driving across a pavement that doesn't have dropped curbs to park somewhere is an offence.

As always it's those enforcing the law that are labelled as "twats" yet that that choose to ignore it see themselves as victims 

58 minutes ago, Grandad said:

There really isn't plenty of space to park.

And the grounds inaccessibility will put people off

I've been parking legally on a side road in the same spot for over ten years. It's a fifteen minute walk to the ground. There'll be a hundred more similar places within walking distance of the ground. 

1 hour ago, pompeyowl said:

Unless it's a private car park, double yellow lined, or has a sign to say that parking is restricted, you have the right to park anywhere.

You should always know if you're getting ticketed or not.

Thats totally incorrect.

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC