Parking Tickets

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Rubbish...you don't have the right to park anywhere....not sure where you live but I'm sure you'd be pissed off if someone rocked up and parked on your front garden.

Also ask wheelchair users or blind people how they feel about folk parking on the pavement....I also believe that driving across a pavement that doesn't have dropped curbs to park somewhere is an offence.

As always it's those enforcing the law that are labelled as "twats" yet that that choose to ignore it see themselves as victims 

First of all, yes, you do. Unless there is a restriction in place you DO have the right to park anywhere. Regardless of where I live, I have no right to bark at anyone that parks infront of my home. The person that parks there will no doubt pay their road tax, so they have as much right as me.

I once had a conversation with a police officer that shocked me. He told me that parking across drop curbs is NOT illegal. It's a matter of courtesy, and if you were not allowed to park infront of it there would be double yellow lines there.

I do however find it bizarre that so many cars park on the pavement around Hillsborough. That, to me, is something that has always baffled me, and I've always wondered how people have got away with it for so long.

1 hour ago, kristmace said:

That's all good in theory, but it'll never stand up if you get a ticket and appeal. 

Well that depends on where you park. 

If you know that there are no restrictions, then there should be no reason to be ticketed. If I get ticketed at home I'll appeal, and I would expect an explanation as to why I was ticketed.

24 minutes ago, pompeyowl said:

First of all, yes, you do. Unless there is a restriction in place you DO have the right to park anywhere. Regardless of where I live, I have no right to bark at anyone that parks infront of my home. The person that parks there will no doubt pay their road tax, so they have as much right as me.

I once had a conversation with a police officer that shocked me. He told me that parking across drop curbs is NOT illegal. It's a matter of courtesy, and if you were not allowed to park infront of it there would be double yellow lines there.

I do however find it bizarre that so many cars park on the pavement around Hillsborough. That, to me, is something that has always baffled me, and I've always wondered how people have got away with it for so long.

I didn't say in front of your house though did I....I said if I parked on your front garden

16 minutes ago, pompeyowl said:

Well that's flipping obvious, as not only is that someone else's property, it's also off the road.

It's obvious to me that you can't park on a pavement -it was you who said you can park ANYWHERE

47 minutes ago, pompeyowl said:

There's no such thing as "road tax"

3 hours ago, Geedee said:

Simple solution 2 hours before a match to 2 hours after have relaxed parking restrictions which take into account the exceptional demand in the area for nomore than about 30 times a year. 

How difficult can it be. 

Best answer by a country mile. About time Sheffield Council appreciated what having one decent football team in the city has on the view of the city around the country.

Folk travel for miles to get to the game, public transport is not really an option for many. So cut some ruddy slack at what is a minor problem that doesn't really cause much issue. Ultimately we were located there before most of the houses and businesses so fornicate them

43 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Best answer by a country mile. About time Sheffield Council appreciated what having one decent football team in the city has on the view of the city around the country.

Folk travel for miles to get to the game, public transport is not really an option for many. So cut some ruddy slack at what is a minor problem that doesn't really cause much issue. Ultimately we were located there before most of the houses and businesses so fornicate them

It's a minor problem until someone has an accident due to reduced visibility or someone in a wheelchair or pushing a pram has to go on the road because the pavement is blocked.....the solution is simple ..just find somewhere legal to park and don't be a wee pipe

16 hours ago, Grandad said:

Another reason why we need a new stadium. 600 cars per game will soon be displaced from the Wednesdayite car park too, and we can still get 15000 more people in the ground

When the Wednesdayite car park goes that is the end of me and the wife as active supporters. It is a 60 mile round trip for us and while it is not the furthest distance people travel it is enough to not be risking the price of 2 season tickets only to turn up and there not be any parking or to park where you think you're ok and getting a fine.

We have looked at the options and because suddenly there is an extra 600 cars fighting for car parking we cant work out a viable option. As a consequence the club loses 2x season ticket purchases, 2x shirt purchases, 2x however many matches 50/50 tickets and 2x less voices to be heard.

We've been season ticket holders for years and years and we've been beaten by a parking spot.

Good post fella. Should make the Club aware of this in some way - that the lack of parking and the Council's attitude on matchday is detrimental to the matchday experience 

Finding it necessary to get their earlier to then park slightly further away than last time

16 hours ago, Grandad said:

There really isn't plenty of space to park.

And the grounds inaccessibility will put people off

Puts me off. However I think next time I go I'm going to park at halfway and just tram it. Even with a 4 year old. Getting to and from the ground by car is a chuffing nightmare. God knows what I'll do for a night match.

There used to be loads of car parks that popped up on matchday. Now we have chuff all.

Just going to the game, suddenly over the years is now a complete hassle.

Edited by Maddogbob

36 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Good post fella. Should make the Club aware of this in some way - that the lack of parking and the Council's attitude on matchday is detrimental to the matchday experience 

Finding it necessary to get their earlier to then park slightly further away than last time

I have thought about it but i cant think of a way of putting it without it just sounding like it is only going to effect me and that it is just me moaning.

1 hour ago, UTO1867 said:

When the Wednesdayite car park goes that is the end of me and the wife as active supporters. It is a 60 mile round trip for us and while it is not the furthest distance people travel it is enough to not be risking the price of 2 season tickets only to turn up and there not be any parking or to park where you think you're ok and getting a fine.

We have looked at the options and because suddenly there is an extra 600 cars fighting for car parking we cant work out a viable option. As a consequence the club loses 2x season ticket purchases, 2x shirt purchases, 2x however many matches 50/50 tickets and 2x less voices to be heard.

We've been season ticket holders for years and years and we've been beaten by a parking spot.

That would be a massive shame.

There are plenty of places that are legal to park on the streets around Hillsborough. I've been doing it for years and have never had a ticket. Once you find a spot that you know works for you, the amount of cars vying for a spot tends to be pretty consistent from one game to the next - I know that certain places are a no-go if I arrive after 1:30 for example, so I'll park a bit further out and walk down on those occasions.

Genuine question (trying not to sound like a patronising git here): do either you or your wife struggle with walking for 15/20 mins or so? If not, you should have no problems finding somewhere to park unless you're planning on arriving with little time to spare before kickoff. If so, surely the club must make some kind of arrangements so that you can still attend matches?

Same question I always ask. 

If it's so dangerous then why aren't the tw@ts there before the game stopping you parking there?

Also the parking restrictions/signage on the side roads opposite the park on Middlewood Rd are purely a money making exercise. I'm not sure how the council get away with it. 

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That would be a massive shame.

There are plenty of places that are legal to park on the streets around Hillsborough. I've been doing it for years and have never had a ticket. Once you find a spot that you know works for you, the amount of cars vying for a spot tends to be pretty consistent from one game to the next - I know that certain places are a no-go if I arrive after 1:30 for example, so I'll park a bit further out and walk down on those occasions.

Genuine question (trying not to sound like a patronising git here): do either you or your wife struggle with walking for 15/20 mins or so? If not, you should have no problems finding somewhere to park unless you're planning on arriving with little time to spare before kickoff. If so, surely the club must make some kind of arrangements so that you can still attend matches?

No mate no problems with walking, we are both pretty active, the problem is not knowing the area. We arrive at 1pm now and all the spots are gone on the verge in front of the Wednesdayite car park so i can only imagine what it is going to be like when there is another 599 cars plus us battling for the same spots. For evening matches we would be knackered, clearly because of work commitments you cant just set off earlier to grab a spot.

18 hours ago, Grandad said:

There really isn't plenty of space to park.

And the grounds inaccessibility will put people off

The teams inability to score more than one goal is what will put people off mate

Edited by poite

18 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Same question I always ask. 

If it's so dangerous then why aren't the tw@ts there before the game stopping you parking there?

Also the parking restrictions/signage on the side roads opposite the park on Middlewood Rd are purely a money making exercise. I'm not sure how the council get away with it. 

They're not there before the game cos they expect people to obey the set rules. They're only there at all because they know people dont

8 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

No mate no problems with walking, we are both pretty active, the problem is not knowing the area. We arrive at 1pm now and all the spots are gone on the verge in front of the Wednesdayite car park so i can only imagine what it is going to be like when there is another 599 cars plus us battling for the same spots. For evening matches we would be knackered, clearly because of work commitments you cant just set off earlier to grab a spot.

If you arrive at 1 you'll be fine. Just go on one of the side roads just off Middlewood road they don't get full til half 2 unless it's a huge crowd

1 hour ago, UTO1867 said:

lol

amazing 

Owlstalk Shop