Parking Tickets

Guest Deleted member

I don't. I don't think they can get one for the same price.

And I don't think its realistic to expect 80 taxis to be outside waiting for them after a game either.

And if youre honest - neither do you

32 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I don't. I don't think they can get one for the same price.

And I don't think its realistic to expect 80 taxis to be outside waiting for them after a game either.

And if youre honest - neither do you

Your  words were "a large percentage are ambulant disabled - taxis just won't work for them"

Irrespective of cost why won't taxis work for them?

80 taxis don't need to be waiting outside after the game....the 80 disabled supporters would not all arrive at any pick up point at the same time, there would be a staggered arrival time.....and it's not just taxis either, many of the 80 disabled cars are not actually driven by the disabled person so there is no reason why the driver cannot walk to the car and then come back to the ground to pick up th disabled person

Edited by Ian

Guest Deleted member
8 hours ago, Ian said:

Your  words were "a large percentage are ambulant disabled - taxis just won't work for them"

Irrespective of cost why won't taxis work for them?

80 taxis don't need to be waiting outside after the game....the 80 disabled supporters would not all arrive at any pick up point at the same time, there would be a staggered arrival time.....and it's not just taxis either, many of the 80 disabled cars are not actually driven by the disabled person so there is no reason why the driver cannot walk to the car and then come back to the ground to pick up th disabled person

Why is it irrespective of cost?  It was you who said they could do it for the same price 

Let me try and understand your suggested solution. 

Full time whistle goes at the same time for everybody, but our disabled supporters are prevented from so leaving at the same time,  as they have to be staggered to allow for their lift or taxi to collect them. 

Some drivers have to go and fetch the car,  then make their way back to Hillsborough to a prearranged pick up point, through all the match day traffic. Presumably they then park on the double yellow lines on  Penistone Road,  blocking one lane for other drivers and public transport keen to get away. This times  80.

Sounds incredible. Should definitely be taken to the steering committee to be proposed to the club. 

I can't wait for SODA to be told.  Maybe you could present it to them? 

I can see you're in one of your "not reading what anyone says, just repeating my point" moods so I'll leave it with this.

why won't taxis work for ambulant disabled (3rd time I've asked you that now without an answer)

as as for the rest of your comments, if you read my posts you'll see that I've made many suggestions and clearly said that one solution doesn't fit all.

The fact is that disabled supporters have always attended Hillsborough, including when crowds were much higher than they currently are, and they will continue to do so long after the Wednesdayite car park disappears. 

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

Why is it irrespective of cost?  It was you who said they could do it for the same price 

Let me try and understand your suggested solution. 

Full time whistle goes at the same time for everybody, but our disabled supporters are prevented from so leaving at the same time,  as they have to be staggered to allow for their lift or taxi to collect them. 

Some drivers have to go and fetch the car,  then make their way back to Hillsborough to a prearranged pick up point, through all the match day traffic. Presumably they then park on the double yellow lines on  Penistone Road,  blocking one lane for other drivers and public transport keen to get away. This times  80.

Sounds incredible. Should definitely be taken to the steering committee to be proposed to the club. 

I can't wait for SODA to be told.  Maybe you could present it to them? 

Mate does this to pick up his brother in law every home match.  Very much doubt he's the only one.

Guest Deleted member
4 hours ago, Ian said:

why won't taxis work for ambulant disabled (3rd time I've asked you that now without an answer)

If you read my responses you will see. Especially the last one.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 09:47, Geedee said:

I don't think Penistone Road is any different to any road going past a football stadium on matchday. Derby where I live is a car park near Pride Park, Forest the same. let alone the big grounds like Old Trafford, Anfield  and the Emirates. Basically if you drive near a ground  close to kick off there will be delays. Answer  get there early and enjoy and enjoy your day

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 17:04, Grandad said:

I always get home in my car faster from Elland Rd than I do Hillsborough. And I live 12 miles to the east of Hillsborough at M1 Jcn 31

I understand your point mate but I think the example you give is a pretty extreme one. Elland road as we both know is very well positioned to get quickly on to the M1 South. Once there I can see why you driving in your BMW at 69.9 mph lolcould get to Aston which is straight off the M1 very quickly compared to getting out of Hillsborough. Try the same exercise from Pride Park which is about the same distance from you as Elland Road and I think you will get a different outcome.

My point is that regards parking I don't think Hillsborough is any worse than a lot of grounds both modern and traditional and although there are plenty of reasons to build a new ground away from Hillsborough I don't think parking or  transport links are by any means the most compelling. ( Try parking Free of Charge within 500 yards of Pride Park ).  To do nothing is clearly not an option and if we were not already established at Hillsborough I don't think anybody would buy land and build a stadium there. But we are established at Hillsborough much of the core fan base lives within a couple of miles or so. If a new ground could be built at Hillsborough   and  if the design could take into account the flooding concern and other legitimate issues such as disabled parking I would like to stay where we are with a nice shiny stadium and being able to have a pint in the Barracks before the game. Rather than a stadium in the middle of a retail/industrial park like Derby's.

Right about them Leeds fans certainly after evening games I am often quite surprised to see em already going past Sheffield.  I always thought it was because they were crap and they left 20 mins before the end